5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

36k miles manifolds cracked

Orion10182011

Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I ordered afe shorty headers. Went to install them and found both Exhaust Manifolds cracked right in the middle. Truck has 40k miles on it. Installed the afe headers. What a $hit show. Just pulled them off and returned them to Summit. Endless exhaust leaks. Once removed found one header flange warped.

I'm now waiting on a set of Kooks long tubes. Truck is non drive able till I get the parts. Kooks are spendy.... It was such a pain to install the afe's that I'm willing to spend the $ so it's right and I don't have to do it again.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A couple weeks ago I ordered afe shorty headers. Went to install them and found both Exhaust Manifolds cracked right in the middle. Truck has 40k miles on it. Installed the afe headers. What a $hit show. Just pulled them off and returned them to Summit. Endless exhaust leaks. Once removed found one header flange warped.

I'm now waiting on a set of Kooks long tubes. Truck is non drive able till I get the parts. Kooks are spendy.... It was such a pain to install the afe's that I'm willing to spend the $ so it's right and I don't have to do it again.

Please be sure to update when the Kooks arrive.
This is the one brand of headers I'd be interested in putting on my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread