5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 Camera side view question and help

Sako458Lott

Reaction score
Just picked up my new truck (2023) last night and was checking out the side view in the camera app and to my surprise the cameras are pointed down. In other words, I am able to see if I'm going to step into a mud puddle when I open the door. Completely different from my 21 Ram 3500 with 360 set up. Sales person wasn't sure how they should be pointed and have to wait until later today to see what they have to say. To me (have not looked at it in the daylight) it appears the cameras are fixed on the mirror arm and can not be adjusted. For those with a 2023 with 360 deg camera what does your side mirror camera show? Thanks in advance for responses.

Sako458Lott

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 you have helped me in the past on another issue so I added you to see if you may have the answer. Thanks in advance.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Tow mirrors have cameras that give you the side views that look straight back. If you have regular non-tow mirrors, they are only capable of looking straight down.

Sako458Lott

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 These are tow mirrors (same as I had on my 3500) but camera is looking down. :(((

Attachments

• TXYW5854[1].JPG
    TXYW5854[1].JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 20

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 These are tow mirrors (same as I had on my 3500) but camera is looking down. :(((
I forgot the 1500’s don’t have the trailer reverse guidance camera view feature. I’m pretty sure that’s how all the 1500 side cameras are- they just look down.

Sako458Lott

Reaction score
that sucks @Jimmy07. Makes no sense you can select side view and you get to see a mud puddle. Do you know if I can change the whole mirror to a HD tow mirror and reprogram through Alfa OBD?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
that sucks @Jimmy07. Makes no sense you can select side view and you get to see a mud puddle. Do you know if I can change the whole mirror to a HD tow mirror and reprogram through Alfa OBD?
It’s not the cameras or the mirrors themselves, it’s the CVPM that processes the camera views. An HD CVPM can’t be used on a 1500.

Sako458Lott

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 Thanks a lot for the info. So I'm guessing that you can't somehow reposition, without screwing up the from the sky view, the camera inside the tow mirror arm to look back. Disappoints me after having the 3500 system. Many thanks again for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/