5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

360 Camera in folding mirrors are out of alignment

ridercoach

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone has had this issue and possibly have a solution. My driver side power folding mirror had to be replaced because of motor issues. Shortly after that the passenger side mirror did the same thing and had to be replaced. I noticed after the driver side mirror was replaced that the 360 view was not aligned on the driver side. I asked the dealer to look at it when i brought it in to replace the passenger side mirror. They said it was working fine. Needless to say when I took the truck to the store and went to back into a spot I noticed the alignment was not fixed and now the passenger side mirror camera is out of alignment. When I purchased the truck new you could not see the seams in the stitching together of the images. So I am curious is anyone else has had this issue, is there a way to calibrate the cameras from the 12" screen like they do on large RVs, or has any dealer actually solved this without having to replace the whole mirror again? This may sound petty but this is driving me absolutely insane. I attached an image as well.

Attachments

• IMG_3899.JPG
    IMG_3899.JPG
    219.8 KB · Views: 86

robinxlee

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone has had this issue and possibly have a solution. My driver side power folding mirror had to be replaced because of motor issues. Shortly after that the passenger side mirror did the same thing and had to be replaced. I noticed after the driver side mirror was replaced that the 360 view was not aligned on the driver side. I asked the dealer to look at it when i brought it in to replace the passenger side mirror. They said it was working fine. Needless to say when I took the truck to the store and went to back into a spot I noticed the alignment was not fixed and now the passenger side mirror camera is out of alignment. When I purchased the truck new you could not see the seams in the stitching together of the images. So I am curious is anyone else has had this issue, is there a way to calibrate the cameras from the 12" screen like they do on large RVs, or has any dealer actually solved this without having to replace the whole mirror again? This may sound petty but this is driving me absolutely insane. I attached an image as well.
I have this same issue now on my passenger side camera. Just had both mirrors replaced due to clicking issue.
Did you find a solution?

jastevenson

Reaction score
My camera have been working ok, but I have noticed that when I power fold my mirror, they lightly tap on the window in the folded position. On my other vehicle, the mirrors do not touch the side window glass when power folded.

Is it normal for the mirrors to touch the side glass when folded?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I have this same issue now on my passenger side camera. Just had both mirrors replaced due to clicking issue.
Did you find a solution?
The CVPM (the module that processes the images) needs to be recalibrated after a mirror swap. The dealer can do this, or AlfaOBD can do it, also.

Keezer

Reaction score
My camera have been working ok, but I have noticed that when I power fold my mirror, they lightly tap on the window in the folded position. On my other vehicle, the mirrors do not touch the side window glass when power folded.

Is it normal for the mirrors to touch the side glass when folded?
Are you sure the mirrors touch the glass when folded? I thought so as well but upon further inspection there is a tiny gap betwwen mirror and glass, they dont touch but it sure seemed like they did.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Are you sure the mirrors touch the glass when folded? I thought so as well but upon further inspection there is a tiny gap betwwen mirror and glass, they dont touch but it sure seemed like they did.
+1 on this. I thought mine were touching the glass also, but they actually don't.

Hrspwr88

Reaction score

Perhaps petty, but this would kill me also...

I hope its an easy dealer fix for you.

1500DFW

Reaction score
Did anyone ever find a resolution to this? I had both mirrors replaced for the same thing and the dealership has calibrated it twice and the side cameras still do not line up. They’ve now told me that this is normal and two brand new trucks on the lot had the same distortion.

Attachments

• 2001E668-6DD6-4F0E-AAAC-DD09410F3779.jpeg
    2001E668-6DD6-4F0E-AAAC-DD09410F3779.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 18

jonmarin9

Reaction score
I've got the same issue although I have never had a mirror replaced. Something has happened over time that has cause the cameras to go out of alignment so bad that the image stitching doesn't line up on either side of the truck. It's driving me nuts! Hoping someone has figured out a solution because the dealership said they'd charge me a diagnostic fee just look at it and based on the responses you all have gotten, it would likely be a waste of money and time.

1500DFW

Reaction score
The first dealership I went to in order to have the calibration done said that all cameras on all trucks are out of alignment and told me they’re not going to do anything about it. I’ve moved on to a 2nd dealership and we’ll see what they tell me. I’ll keep y’all posted.

Users who are viewing this thread