5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35s vs Car Wash

JRD

Reaction score
Has anyone running 12.5” tires ran through a car wash? I recently had my rear window replaced as most of us on here have done, and I’d like to run it through a few times to see how that seal holds up. It also doesn’t hurt that I haven’t been able to wash the truck in nearly 2 months because of the issue.

Just curious what everyone’s experience has been.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone running 12.5” tires ran through a car wash? I recently had my rear window replaced as most of us on here have done, and I’d like to run it through a few times to see how that seal holds up. It also doesn’t hurt that I haven’t been able to wash the truck in nearly 2 months because of the issue.

Just curious what everyone’s experience has been.
No issues for me. But then again the car wash I use has a conveyor belt, not tracks

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm that may be worth looking into, I may try to call the car wash and see what they suggest
Yeah, their big selling point is they can fit dually and lifted trucks.

JRD

Reaction score
Why not wash it right here?

View attachment 180967
Washing wouldn’t be bad, except I have a 3 yo & 8 month old. But I also want to get a lot of water on that rear window. Seems like everyone who’s had theirs replaced, doesn’t stop at 1 and they have to go back multiple times. I say all that to say, because I’m lazy lol.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Washing wouldn’t be bad, except I have a 3 yo & 8 month old. But I also want to get a lot of water on that rear window. Seems like everyone who’s had theirs replaced, doesn’t stop at 1 and they have to go back multiple times. I say all that to say, because I’m lazy lol.

If you want to get a lot of water on it, go through a touchless wash. Lots of water at high PSI and you don't have to worry about fitting on tracks.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you want to get a lot of water on the window, using a garden house to direct the water into the channel around the window will put a lot more water on it to do a real test. Pressure washers use a lot less water but add a lot more pressure. Sure it will be a test if it will leak in the car wash but it won't necessarily test if it will leak during a heavy rain storm like a garden hose would.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you want to get a lot of water on it, go through a touchless wash. Lots of water at high PSI and you don't have to worry about fitting on tracks.
Depends on the touch less car wash. There are a few around me that use the tracks.

JRD

Reaction score
Thanks for that suggestion, I just found one down the road I’m going to check out on the way back from my son’s swim class. He likes to go through the car wash with all the lights we’ll see how this one goes

JRD

Reaction score
If you want to get a lot of water on the window, using a garden house to direct the water into the channel around the window will put a lot more water to do a real test. Pressure washers use a lot less water, only more pressure which does not replicate a rain storm.
Very good point, I may have to do this tomorrow.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very good point, I may have to do this tomorrow.
yea when mine had a leak it wouldn't always leak in the car wash but when it sat out in the rain for 3-4 hours it would. Luckily its been 1 1/2 years since I had the window replaced and it has been bone dry since.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I like that destroyer gray ! I hardly ever see that color on the dealers lot. I might have chose that color when i was buying mine.
Was only available for about three months in the 2020 Built to Serve Navy edition

Users who are viewing this thread