5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

35's and Quiet Time (Quieter and Softer Tires)

Spyder2u

Reaction score
New Owner of a 2019 1500. Truck needs Tires. I am looking to replace the Ground Slapping/Howler 35 12.50 x 18" Nittos (12Ply) with tires that are QUIET and SOFTER.
Is that an Oxymoron? Is that possible?
I realize a less aggressive tire will work for us. And also, that a lower load rating, "D" will give a softer ride and be much appreciated. We will not be 4 Wheeling all that much and this RAM will do duty as a 'Dinghy' in the near future.

So here are some of the qualities the tire must meet for us.
Quiet
Low rolling resistance
In Stock or at least able to Order in a Timely manor
D Load Rating if possible
A/T if possible

Please be advised Choices are fewer at this time. (Ya'll know why)
And please only your recommendation if you have 35" or the Metric equivalent size tires for 18" Wheels. Sizes, Sounds and Weights all differ for tires.
Hankook DynaPro 35's are not available (or Metric Equiv.)
I have talked to Discount Tire and they recommend Toyo Open Counrty AT III D rated. I am not convinced that this will be any quieter. Experiences?
LT tires in this size, generally are E rated. So a Highway tire will not have the softer ride we are looking for.... Even though it has the preferred 'less noise'
What choices are out there in 35's ?
Unicorns?
43704453671.619387539.IM1.17.640x480_A.640x480.jpg
Thanks,
Spyder

Edit. When we Off Road, we do air down and use CO2 to refill.
Truck weighs approx 6500 #s

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread