5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3500 6.4 Hemi towing info

Cline

Reaction score
I am planning on buying a 3500 to tow my 2017 Redwood 5er. Since I am retired and don’t drive much on a daily basis would I be better off with the 6.4 with 4.10 gears? My 5er weighs in the neighborhood of 16000 lbs. and most of my towing consists of annual trip to Florida. I have been told that it’s hard on the diesels to just drive short trips around town. Also if anyone has this setup and tows something similar to mine I would like to hear how your truck handles it. From a newby thanks for any replies.

Cline

Reaction score
Am I missing something? All I see is the home page for this website.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes. The 4.10 will be much better with the 6.4l Hemi.

3.73 only gets you 21500 GCWR and 4.10 gets you 24000 GCWR.

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thinking about a 3500 Laramie with 4.10 gears.

Here’s the PDF for all the towing and payloads for each configuration 3500 for basic numbers but these are all for tradesmen trucks, your Laramie will be a little more loaded in options meaning less towing.

Personally what I would so is find some trucks online that have options similar to what you want ( 6.4, 4.10 gears, Laramie trim, etc..) and plug their vin # into here to see if you’ll be within limits towing.

Users who are viewing this thread