5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33s or 35s

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
Doing a 3.5 inch Ready Lift on my 19 Laramie Crew Cab Laramie. Considering either Goodyear Duratracs, Toyo Open Country or Nitto Terra Grapplers. Should I go 33s or 35s? I have the 3.21 gearing and want to keep as much power as possible but also want the truck to look great. Also, is there a better choice tire for snowy weather?

NordicNevs

Reaction score
3.21 will be the limiting factor
But then again I think the 33s will fit nicely especially with an aggressive offset wheel.
You have selected good options in tires. I don’t have experience with the duratracs but for my money I would go G2 (NITTO Terra Grappler)

I have been through MANY MANY MANY tires and manufactures of tires and I have been hard pressed to find something that matches NITTO. Duratracs could be that tire but again I have no experience with them.

With your 3.21 I would look at weights of the tires. Making the truck work harder than it needs to with the added geometry of the lift for a tire that will do the same thing doesn’t make much sense to me honestly.

Good luck can’t wait to see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rob5589

Agree with @NordicNevs on all points other than the Nittos, which I have no experience with. I personally wouldn't run a 35 on 3.21's, the added weight, diameter, width, will pull too much "power" away. To preserve as much gear as possible and increase tire size, look for a big 33, maybe small 34, and keep the width to no more than about 11".
Or just run a 35. You may be totally satisfied with the performance afterwards.
I have run Duratracs on my Jeep. Great tire on and off road, fairly quiet, wear well, good in rain, never had them in any significant snow.

Fmrchvy

Reaction score
34 Nitto Ridge Grapplers is what I will look for, was thinking 275/65 R20 with the 3 1/2 Ready Lift.

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s what I went with but I’ve only got a 2” level.

Attachments

• 97AA5561-5E51-4F9E-A181-C787B9F0E778.png
    97AA5561-5E51-4F9E-A181-C787B9F0E778.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 381

asac12

Reaction score
I have a Laramie Crew Cab with 3.21 gears and stock suspension. I'm interested in 33x12.5 tires. Would performance take a noticeable hit with this width tire on 3.21 gears?

R

Rob5589

I have a Laramie Crew Cab with 3.21 gears and stock suspension. I'm interested in 33x12.5 tires. Would performance take a noticeable hit with this width tire on 3.21 gears?
May or may not be noticeable. The stock tire is about a 32x10.5 so you aren't increasing the size too much.

kf702

Reaction score
Doing a 3.5 inch Ready Lift on my 19 Laramie Crew Cab Laramie. Considering either Goodyear Duratracs, Toyo Open Country or Nitto Terra Grapplers. Should I go 33s or 35s? I have the 3.21 gearing and want to keep as much power as possible but also want the truck to look great. Also, is there a better choice tire for snowy weather?
Duratrac

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Go with the Ridge Grapplers...NOT the Terra G2's. The Ridge are a far better tire and use the latest technology in tread compounds. Call Nitto direct and they'll tell you the same.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT, best tire out

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

familyman

Reaction score
If I recall the new AT Toyos will be the lightest of the tires you are looking at and still aggressive looking (not as aggressive as ridge though). For the same size 295/65/20s they were a significant 6-7lbs lighter than others when I was looking.

Agree with many that the ridge are better than the terras if you go nitto. Terras believe it or not are just as loud if not louder on the road (my old man has had both on his f150). No mileage warranty on the ridge but they seem about the same as his terras (40-55k).

I wanted the quietest AT tire and didn’t care to have a super aggressive looking tire as IMO looks kind of funky on limited trims and went with yoko geolanders and so far like them a lot.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We don't get much snow in Florida; so I can't comment on snow. However, if you ever plan on driving on wet roads DO NOT get Nitto Terra Grapplers; they are dangerous on anything other than dry pavement. The tread lasts forever, but it isn't worth it for the horrible ride and traction.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
We don't get much snow in Florida; so I can't comment on snow. However, if you ever plan on driving on wet roads DO NOT get Nitto Terra Grapplers; they are dangerous on anything other than dry pavement. The tread lasts forever, but it isn't worth it for the horrible ride and traction.
Exactly what I heard as well. The TG2 is 2012 tire technology according to NITTO and they suggest, if you can afford the extra $, get the Ridge Grapplers. State of the art tread compound, quieter than the TG and overall, a MUCH better tire.

familyman

Reaction score
Forgot about the horrible wet traction complaints from my father. But like stated above, great longevity even if
Loud/poor wet reaction. Old man is at 50k miles on an e rated tire and still looks like another 5-10k to go which is impressive.

Blackbeauty87

Reaction score
275/60/20 cooper at3 4s. 65k warranty and measure out to 33 in tall and about 11 wide. As for traction....it's a cooper...period.

Sportznut

Reaction score
275/60/20 cooper at3 4s. 65k warranty and measure out to 33 in tall and about 11 wide. As for traction....it's a cooper...period.
Good to hear this. I just bought a set last week.
$870 after rebate. Discount Tire.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread