5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

33s or 34s with a Level? HELP!

Tommymoe5

Reaction score
I have a Ram ORG with the Readylift 2” kit.Trying to decide between 33x12.5 r18’s or 295/70 r18’s with a 0 offset. Any pictures or suggestions on if either one will fit and what looks better??

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With ORG you have the equivalent of a 3” front lift (over a stock non-ORG), which is pretty close to perfect lift for 35’s. My vote is for the 34’s because they fall closer to the 35’s and 3”+ lifted look and also because they are 11.6” wide and that is going to be slightly more fuel efficient when compared to the 12.5” width.

Tommymoe5

Reaction score
@djevox thats what I was leaning towards too, I just wasn’t sure if with the 0 offset of a 295/70 would fit without any rubbing. Not many ppl that I’ve found are running that size. Do you think it would fit? The tires I’ve found are roughly 34.5x11.5 range.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@djevox thats what I was leaning towards too, I just wasn’t sure if with the 0 offset of a 295/70 would fit without any rubbing. Not many ppl that I’ve found are running that size. Do you think it would fit? The tires I’ve found are roughly 34.5x11.5 range.
I don’t know without measuring at different points through the steering range. I used This Guide and estimated the lift size by calculating height difference to fenderwells from the hub center. It’s a pita, but if you have ample clearance, then you’ll know your estimations are fine.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i have 305/70/18 and theh fit my rebel easy with fox 2.5 in front

DenCoRam

Reaction score
I have 295/70/18 on stock wheels (18x8) with ~1.25" level over the rebel suspension and 1.5" wheel spacers. I had to remove the husky mudflaps, the little plastic mud guard, and bend back the pinch weld/zip tie back the fender liner at the rear of the wheel well. Rubbed when turning and compressing the suspension, like turning into a driveway up the angled curb. Not sure the width on the wheels your'e choosing, but most 0 offset wheels I've seen are 18x8.5. My setup would be roughly equal to an 18x8.5 et -5. With the extra .75" of you level, you might be fine.

BamJamRAM

Reaction score
I have 295/70/18 on stock wheels (18x8) with ~1.25" level over the rebel suspension and 1.5" wheel spacers. I had to remove the husky mudflaps, the little plastic mud guard, and bend back the pinch weld/zip tie back the fender liner at the rear of the wheel well. Rubbed when turning and compressing the suspension, like turning into a driveway up the angled curb. Not sure the width on the wheels your'e choosing, but most 0 offset wheels I've seen are 18x8.5. My setup would be roughly equal to an 18x8.5 et -5. With the extra .75" of you level, you might be fine.
I was thinking about running this exact same setup on my 2019 Rebel exept i plan on going the full 1.8 " level with the Bilstein 5100s (I believe it's the most you can achieve on the rebel with that level)...

So final setup would be OEM rims, Rough Country UCA, Bilstein 5100 w/ 1.8" level (5th setting), BORA spacers 1.5" in front 1.75" in rear, and 295/70R18 BFG KO2. I believe these tires are the exact same height and width of the Toyo OC AT2s (34.3×12).

Do you think I will have any of the same rubbing issues that you came across with the additional .6" from the Bilstein 5100s?

Users who are viewing this thread