5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

30" Light Bar Help For A Customer

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hello all. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and help if you can. If you are running our brackets to mount a 30" light bar in the lower grill of your Ram Truck, we'd love to see as many pictures as possible. We are especially looking for photos of Limiteds. We have sold lots to customers with Limiteds but I don't have very many photos of them and none from the front. Thank you all for the help. PS the issue the customer is having is he said his light bar is sitting at the bottom of the bumper grill opening instead of the center of it. All of the pictures I have of other trim lines (I don't have any of Limiteds) it appears the light bar is centered in that opening. A picture of WaterFowler41s truck for reference.

Light Bar On.jpeg

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello all. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read and help if you can. If you are running our brackets to mount a 30" light bar in the lower grill of your Ram Truck, we'd love to see as many pictures as possible. We are especially looking for photos of Limiteds. We have sold lots to customers with Limiteds but I don't have very many photos of them and none from the front. Thank you all for the help. PS the issue the customer is having is he said his light bar is sitting at the bottom of the bumper grill opening instead of the center of it. All of the pictures I have of other trim lines (I don't have any of Limiteds) it appears the light bar is centered in that opening. A picture of WaterFowler41s truck for reference.

View attachment 125027
Just out of curiosity is there a chance that customer flipped the brackets around on mistake? When I was messing around with mine trying to fit them in the custom spots I had to flip the brackets around and ran into that problem, bar sat way to low in the grille. They were still on the correct side driver and passenger wise, but were basically rotated 180 degrees.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity is there a chance that customer flipped the brackets around on mistake? When I was messing around with mine trying to fit them in the custom spots I had to flip the brackets around and ran into that problem, bar sat way to low in the grille. They were still on the correct side driver and passenger wise, but were basically rotated 180 degrees.
That was my original thought but I got on a video chat with him and best I could tell he had them on the correct side and the correct orientation. I was wondering if the Limited lower bumper grill sits slightly higher or something. It isn't an issue any one has mentioned before. We have sold hundreds of sets but only recently started tracking trim levels from the customer.

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ever have some one install a 30in curved light bar? I have the light bar and grill for my
Laramie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustCallMeD

Reaction score
It looks like the lower valance in the bumper is slightly different on the Rebel vs the Limited as you can see by the bottom line of lower grill in the pic. If you send me some measurements I can take some of mine for reference if you want @Shifts And Grins Fab , maybe from the bottom of the front upper trim piece to the top and bottom of the lower grill?

Front RAM.jpg

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
It looks like the lower valance in the bumper is slightly different on the Rebel vs the Limited as you can see by the bottom line of lower grill in the pic. If you send me some measurements I can take some of mine for reference if you want @Shifts And Grins Fab , maybe from the bottom of the front upper trim piece to the top and bottom of the lower grill?

View attachment 125237
They may be somewhere between 1/2" and 3/4" difference. It looks like from the only picture I have received so far of the Diode Dynamics 30" Light Bar with our brackets, the light bar sits about flush with the bottom of the opening as opposed to centered on other trim lines.
8B17AB9C-F8D9-45FC-8A34-235CBC99CDE9.JPG

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
Any info on the fact the brackets will fit a 22 Limited?

What would be your pick? The Diode Dynamics 30" or the Rough Country 30" light bar which is way cheaper.

thanks in advance.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Any info on the fact the brackets will fit a 22 Limited?

What would be your pick? The Diode Dynamics 30" or the Rough Country 30" light bar which is way cheaper.

thanks in advance.
It will work on a '22 Limited. The light bar will sit at the bottom of the opening instead of centered in it. I prefer the Diode Dynamics light bar but I'm sure the Rough Country bar is cheaper.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
We haven’t tested them on the eco diesel. If you can send me a photo of the backside of the bumper and under the front of the truck, I should be able to tell you.

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
My local dealer told me they can quickly get hold of this lights which are similar or perhaps better than the Rough Country ones.

I assume they will fit the S&G brackets too cause the length is 765mm so 30,12 inch? But what about the other dimensions?
Somebody btw has experience with this brand?

Last edited:

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
My local dealer told me they can quickly get hold of this lights which are similar or perhaps better than the Rough Country ones.

I assume they will fit the S&G brackets too cause the length is 765mm so 30,12 inch? But what about the other dimensions?
Somebody btw has experience with this brand?

I'm not familiar with that brand. I can not say if they will work with our brackets or not as I have never seen them.

Users who are viewing this thread