5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 honks when door opened while off

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can't figure this simple one out.
Sometimes when I am getting into my truck I will open the door with my key in my pocket and the truck will honk 3 times while the door is still open.

I have an Tazerdt with the 3 honk disable for when it's running

Is this my alarm system telling me someone tried to enter the locked truck, or an bug with the Tazer?
I almost never leave my truck while it's running and when I do I leave my fob inside the truck anyways.

Only has ever happened when not parked at home and happens maybe once every 50 entries when not home, but frequently enough I am cirrous why it's honking.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Never happened to me but I don’t have passive entry. Maybe unique to that since your key fob was in your pocket.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Never happened to me but I don’t have passive entry. Maybe unique to that since your key fob was in your pocket.
Yeah I'm really not sure.
The way it works is I put my hand on the handle and it has a sensor so it unlocks before I even open it.

Not sure if the horn is triggered when it unlocks or when I open the door.
The fast it only happens when I am not at home makes me think it's a failed thief alert but I don't feel like my truck is tried to be broken into as often as it goes off lol.

1923bob

Reaction score
Yeah I'm really not sure.
The way it works is I put my hand on the handle and it has a sensor so it unlocks before I even open it.

Not sure if the horn is triggered when it unlocks or when I open the door.
The fast it only happens when I am not at home makes me think it's a failed thief alert but I don't feel like my truck is tried to be broken into as often as it goes off lol.
I have passive entry on my truck and my fob is almost always in my pocket and that has never happen to me my truck is a 2021 that is strange.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Gotta be some weird glitch with the Tazer. Mine does strange things from time to time. Out of the blue it will reactivate Auto Start/Stop after being turned off for weeks. Also the 3 horn beep will suddenly activate again at random when running and closing the door. I can’t explain why that stuff happens.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Gotta be some weird glitch with the Tazer. Mine does strange things from time to time. Out of the blue it will reactivate Auto Start/Stop after being turned off for weeks. Also the 3 horn beep will suddenly activate again at random when running and closing the door. I can’t explain why that stuff happens.
That's what I was thinking.

I know some cars will "let you know" someone triggered the alarm system while not around but unsure if the Ram had that feature.
Was just curious if this was a thing or just a random bug.

B.R.67

Reaction score
Just happened to me the other day. Fob in pocket getting into the truck while it was not running. No idea .

Users who are viewing this thread