5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.92 vs 3.21 Who Wins? TruckTrend data shows...

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The 3:21er's just have a hard time admitting that they spent $50k for a truck with training wheels. Admit that the 3:92 is superior in might đź‘‘and bend the knee. You will feel better for it later.

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
I test drove identical Limiteds back-to-back when I bought my Ram. One with 3:21 and one with 3:92. No comparison as the 3:92 put a smile on my face every time I launched. My wife even noticed the difference and said “this one definitely feels peppier!” All things equal, 3:92 is faster 0-60 no doubt!

VegasRob55

Reaction score
The 3:21er's just have a hard time admitting that they spent $50k for a truck with training wheels. Admit that the 3:92 is superior in might đź‘‘and bend the knee. You will feel better for it later.
What's funny is, my 3.21 has never felt slow or sluggish, and I pull 8,500 lb. trailers regularly with zero trouble.
I just lifted my truck 2.5" and added 35" Ridge grapplers. Now, my truck is sluggish and can't keep its own speed on the highway without downshifting. I am now seeking a regearing & a tune.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What's funny is, my 3.21 has never felt slow or sluggish, and I pull 8,500 lb. trailers regularly with zero trouble.
I just lifted my truck 2.5" and added 35" Ridge grapplers. Now, my truck is sluggish and can't keep its own speed on the highway without downshifting. I am now seeking a regearing & a tune.
Yea, regearing these is a pain. The front is a welded ring gear or some crazy nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread