5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5 Inch Readylift Going On Today

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
I have the ReadyLift 3.5 with Nitto 35x12.5R20 Ridge Grapplers. I measured mine standing in the bed at about 82 inches to clear the shark fin. Cutting it close but you should have about two inches to spare.

Pull in slow the first time.

Edit: I should add that I do not have the Off-Road package. You might have an inch to spare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troop2865

Reaction score
Mine fits, but your truck will be about an inch taller than mine. Make sure your garage door is adjusted to raise all the way up. It should fit.

JonR88

Reaction score
So I pulled my truck in this morning to see if it fits and it does with a few inches to spare even with the shark fin. NaqQktCZRbmRPrpZaNJ4zA.jpg

Attachments

• asJzG8A0SXa7NAAYZ8u1Eg.jpg
    asJzG8A0SXa7NAAYZ8u1Eg.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 93
  • Y%3vrP%lSfWi1bzfryBY7g.jpg
    Y%3vrP%lSfWi1bzfryBY7g.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 98

TN47361

Reaction score
Looks great! My concern seeing how close that is, if it will work here in Michigan when I pull in to a driveway full of several inches of snow lol

JonR88

Reaction score
Looks great! My concern seeing how close that is, if it will work here in Michigan when I pull in to a driveway full of several inches of snow lol
Shovel your driveway.....problem solved......

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I put the 3.5 inch readylift on with the off road package. Very happy with the height. DId not want the 6 inches as that wild be too high for my garage.
Did you measure your wheel hub to guard lip before deciding on the full kit (i.e. installing the pre-load spacer)?
There’s a lot of talk about the extra inch and how it affects the UCA’s and geometry of the front end. Mine should be getting installed next week but trying to decide whether or not to do the full kit.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you measure your wheel hub to guard lip before deciding on the full kit (i.e. installing the pre-load spacer)?
There’s a lot of talk about the extra inch and how it affects the UCA’s and geometry of the front end. Mine should be getting installed next week but trying to decide whether or not to do the full kit.
It isn't so much the UCAs you have to worry about as I believe the ones from Readylift are good up to 5 or 6 inches. The problem is the steering angles and more importantly, the CV joint angles. If you use much 4wd, your risk of damaging something increases big time

JonR88

Reaction score
I did none if that.

MValdez

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I gotta say, the pics do NOT do this truck justice. I wasn’t sure how it would look once installed but it is even better than I hoped. Not too tall but no longer short. Does not look anything like a stock tuck. Few pics attached. will take more tomorrow. Rides great as it did before as well. No loss whatsoever in power. Will measure and report. FYI, wheels and tires are 35x12.5x18.
Bottom line, best looking truck I have ever owned and this is my third lifted Ram 1500.
Looks Great! Can I ask what you paid in labor costs?

JonR88

Reaction score
Here are pics of my truck fitting in my garage. 7 foot tall. Easy fit.

Attachments

• 7CE01F72-EA7F-4742-980A-0D5046D81C15.jpeg
    7CE01F72-EA7F-4742-980A-0D5046D81C15.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41

Troop2865

Reaction score
Depending on your wheel offset, you may need to massage your plastic inner fender liners. There is a post regarding how to do it. The process is fairly simple. I did it and have no rubbing now.

Big Red

Reaction score
Great looking truck, did you install the retractable steps or did they come installed? Can you post a pic with them deployed? I want to add the Mopar's 2" lift but undecided on the the step bars yet. I like to go a little offloading so I don't want any that hang down too low.

JonR88

Reaction score
Did you put the full 3.5 inch kit on in addition to the Off Road package? Yours looks higher than mine, but I was told to only go 2.5 in the front with the Off Road package.

Your truck looks great. I came real close to getting the same color you have.
I have the off road package and put on the 3.5 inch lift.

JonR88

Reaction score
Great looking truck, did you install the retractable steps or did they come installed? Can you post a pic with them deployed? I want to add the Mopar's 2" lift but undecided on the the step bars yet. I like to go a little offloading so I don't want any that hang down too low.
Factory steps.

Users who are viewing this thread