5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5” Lift (5100, icon, ReadyLift level)

Sugar

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my leveling kit that I put together. Total parts used:

ReadyLift 2” leveling kit 66-1921
Bilstein 5100 adjustable front shocks : 2x24-300872
Bilstein 5100 rear shocks 2x24-233354
Icon rear lift springs

Overall installation difficulty was as expected. A few nuts had to soak to get off (strut) but overall no issues. One issue I did run into was on the top strut nut for the rear shocks. The nut was manufactured incorrectly. It was drilled off center rendering it useless. We tried to tap the existing nut to match the new thread but the tap broke most likely due to the strength of the steel of this nut. I cut a 12x1.5 lug nut in half to fit for now and contacted Bilstein for a replacement.

I have no pre measurements for this to compare to though. I was installing a tranbrake on a friends 2019 C7 while another of my friends started disassembling my truck. After measurements left me with 275-60/20r tires at 40” fender to ground rear and 39.25” fender to ground front measurement.

Overall impressions: The ride is noticeably stiffer in a positive way. Some small bumps are felt more but the absorption and rebound of the medium to large bumps os significantly better. Smooth ride remained the same, overall if the factory ride was considered a 10/10 for comfort, I would give this a 9/10 still. But due to the improvement over medium to large bumps it was worth the purchase.

The rear feels significantly better. Less roll, more noticeable control of steering and turns, better ride. I noticed that the rear comfort improved on all driving conditions. The body roll of the truck is significantly reduced

I would not change anything for this installation at this point. I will be adding tires sometime between now and spring also and will report back. Planned purchase for this is Toyo AT3 35x11.5x20.

Attachments

• 248230FA-6DBE-49D9-AC56-DB305A30B760.jpeg
    248230FA-6DBE-49D9-AC56-DB305A30B760.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 292
  • 80CF2E63-3F14-496D-8F76-47EC7D810EEF.jpeg
    80CF2E63-3F14-496D-8F76-47EC7D810EEF.jpeg
    138.1 KB · Views: 301
  • D534EA59-2F20-4CCB-870E-EFF4959C929B.jpeg
    D534EA59-2F20-4CCB-870E-EFF4959C929B.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 281
  • 1AC9B56E-81F5-439B-BD60-DB507E49B9F1.jpeg
    1AC9B56E-81F5-439B-BD60-DB507E49B9F1.jpeg
    204.9 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks great …. Going to do same …. I didn’t see where you mentioned what clip setting you set the front Bils at ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sugar

Reaction score
Looks great …. Going to do same …. I didn’t see where you mentioned what clip setting you set the front Bils at ?

Forgot to mention that, I did setting 4 for this.

theblakester

Reaction score
Nice. I did something similar on the front end to get just over 3” lift instead of only doing the bilsteins and getting just under 3” total. I used the zone 2” leveling kit and UCA with the bilstein 5100s and didn’t use all of the spacers. Ran into a little issue making that work fwiw (icons and 5160s in the rear). Glad it worked out for you.

what wheels do you have and what are the offset on them?

I was able to squeeze Nitto ridge grappler 295/65/r20 with mamba m27 (or m29.. I forget) wheels 20x9 -12mm offset. I had to zip tie some plastic out of the way. And on the drivers side I was only getting about 1/3” clearance in one place, but no rub. I rode with and let my lift settle for 1000 miles before adding wheels and tires.
Not trying to hijack your thread, just wanted to share info incase it helps you or someone else reading.
good luck with the tires and post pics when u get them!

Sugar

Reaction score
Nice. I did something similar on the front end to get just over 3” lift instead of only doing the bilsteins and getting just under 3” total. I used the zone 2” leveling kit and UCA with the bilstein 5100s and didn’t use all of the spacers. Ran into a little issue making that work fwiw (icons and 5160s in the rear). Glad it worked out for you.

what wheels do you have and what are the offset on them?

I was able to squeeze Nitto ridge grappler 295/65/r20 with mamba m27 (or m29.. I forget) wheels 20x9 -12mm offset. I had to zip tie some plastic out of the way. And on the drivers side I was only getting about 1/3” clearance in one place, but no rub. I rode with and let my lift settle for 1000 miles before adding wheels and tires.
Not trying to hijack your thread, just wanted to share info incase it helps you or someone else reading.
good luck with the tires and post pics when u get them!
That’s awesome. Sounds like a similar setup with some small upgrades.
I’m using the factory 20” Laramie sport wheels but plastidipped black and a 1.5” spacer. Essentially it’s -18 with that setup.

Cratchit

Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my leveling kit that I put together. Total parts used:

Icon rear lift springs

Overall installation difficulty was as expected. A few nuts had to soak to get off (strut) but overall no issues. One issue I did run into was on the top strut nut for the rear shocks. The nut was manufactured incorrectly. It was drilled off center rendering it useless. We tried to tap the existing nut to match the new thread but the tap broke most likely due to the strength of the steel of this nut. I cut a 12x1.5 lug nut in half to fit for now and contacted Bilstein for a replacement.

I have no pre measurements for this to compare to though. I was installing a tranbrake on a friends 2019 C7 while another of my friends started disassembling my truck. After measurements left me with 275-60/20r tires at 40” fender to ground rear and 39.25” fender to ground front measurement.

Overall impressions: The ride is noticeably stiffer in a positive way. Some small bumps are felt more but the absorption and rebound of the medium to large bumps os significantly better. Smooth ride remained the same, overall if the factory ride was considered a 10/10 for comfort, I would give this a 9/10 still. But due to the improvement over medium to large bumps it was worth the purchase.

The rear feels significantly better. Less roll, more noticeable control of steering and turns, better ride. I noticed that the rear comfort improved on all driving conditions. The body roll of the truck is significantly reduced

I would not change anything for this installation at this point. I will be adding tires sometime between now and spring also and will report back. Planned purchase for this is Toyo AT3 35x11.5x20.
Looks great! This is the set up I'm looking to have. Did you have ORP?

Cratchit

Reaction score
Thanks! I did not, just a Laramie sport NON ORP
Awesome, thanks! This is almost the exact set up I have sitting in the garage minus the rear springs. So this gives me enough confidence that I’m on the right track for my install next week.

Sugar

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks! This is almost the exact set up I have sitting in the garage minus the rear springs. So this gives me enough confidence that I’m on the right track for my install next week.
Good luck with it! I was lucky enough to have a friend who works in a garage so we did it with a wall mounted spring compressor and every tool needed. So far I’m loving the springs. I had a light load in the bed and it barely compressed down.

cervelo15

Reaction score

Icon rear lift springs

Where did you get the Readylift UCA's? I saw they only sell it on their website with the tophat spacer kits. I just want the UCAs

Sugar

Reaction score
Where did you get the Readylift UCA's? I saw they only sell it on their website with the tophat spacer kits. I just want the UCAs
I bought the 2” leveling kit from Amazon warehouse. It came with the top hat spacer.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought the 2” leveling kit from Amazon warehouse. It came with the top hat spacer.

There’s more than a couple guys (Non-ORP) runnin the 2” RL kit with Bils @ #4 …. I haven’t heard of any issues with this setup, and it fits in a 7’ garage door …. I’ll be another one runnin it

Salomi

Reaction score

Icon rear lift springs

Do you have to replace shocks after you put on level kit for the 3” front and 2” rear on my 2014 Dodge Ram Laramie?

Sugar

Reaction score
Do you have to replace shocks after you put on level kit for the 3” front and 2” rear on my 2014 Dodge Ram Laramie?
I can’t attest to a 4th gen Ram as I’ve never owned one. I have a friend with 3/2 pucks on his 2015 with factory shocks though.

Buckeye Nation

Reaction score

Icon rear lift springs

Looks great, but is the truck actually level? I've been reading different things about the Ready Lift having a rake after install. Is your truck level now?

Users who are viewing this thread