5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd day in a row the website hasn't worked in the morning. What's going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida RAM

Reaction score
[MOD: The issue is known and a fix forthcoming]

For the second day in a row this forum hasn't been able to open. Tried both my laptop and my iPad. Is it just me?

Last edited by a moderator:

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nope not just you. I noticed it too.
Yesterday I figured it was being updated, but two days in a row seems odd.

Florida RAM

Reaction score
The last two day in the morning the forum website won't load. Tried on my laptop and my iPad and it's like the site doesn't exist. Then late in the morning it comes back on. Anyone else notice this?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t get any insight into the development of the site, but have been told a couple times that downtime is usually when something’s being updated. There’s also a possibility that some new code added caused errors and it wasn’t immediately caught. Several times, I’ve had something work on a development instance and it didn’t work on production. Lastly, the server and/or VM that hosts this site could have went down (I doubt it was maintenance at that time of day).

Florida RAM

Reaction score
First thing in the morning seems like a particularly bad time to shut down a popular forum for updates. I'm surprised there isn't anything in the Forum News section. None of the mods know what happened?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve been having trouble too. Who’s the web admin around here?

jives

Reaction score
Just speculating but could be any number of things, upgrade, DDOS, instability of the OS if hosted on windows :)

Either way definitely appreciate the mods, site manager(s) and sponsors who keep this a fantastic free resource for the community.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s the new Disinformation board or whatever it’s called….. shut it down to review all the long lead time reports to deliver trucks.
Did you see the crazy a$$ b!tc& in charge of this? What a psycho. Yikes…….😬

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread