5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

295/60r20 -18offset on level? - update: it fits

Woolnerc

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up..
Thinking of going the 9x20 0 offset..
But may order a bora 77.8 to 106.1 10mm spacer..only a couple hundred, and will give me a -10 offset.. that way its gives me alittle more stance.. but if i run into any clearance issues i cant just remove them and put in a set of hubcentric rings and be done...

Im ok with alittle heat gunning the wheel trim.. but dont want to touch the body work.. i also want to keep my weather tec mud flaps, so recon i will see how it all is with the 0 offset and how it lines up with the wheel arch first and then pop on the spacers..

Trying to poke the sidwalls past the arch and trim pieces but the tread just in line with the mud gaurds.. so have a very slight agressive stance but not trownibg road debis ect up the side my truck.

Last edited:

Mitchrob85

Reaction score

Woolnerc

Reaction score
Ok guys,, cant decide, want to pull the trigger, but am gun shy Screenshot_20220124-163353_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20220124-162246_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Fuel siege in platinum and black and grey.. or
Screenshot_20220124-162158_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20220124-162134_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
The venomrex vr 603 in mystic black or graphite...

Mitchrob85

Reaction score

Woolnerc

Reaction score
So you are putting 295/60R20’s on it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes going 295/60r20 nitto recon grapplers, that 33.9 x 11.6.. and either wheels is at 0 or +1 offset... once fitted i will see if i want the bora 10mm hubcentric sacer. Depending if it will work without rubbing anything.

Last edited:

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
This looks really good! I expected the -18 offset would cause the rims to poke out quite a bit more but am guessing the stock fender flares help reduce that just a bit to make it more subtle. Rim color is gunmetal vice black right? I am 99% sure but wanted to check.
Yeah without the fender flares it would definitely stick out a little bit more. Here’s a top down view to show how much they stick out.

Also the wheels are fuel rebel 6 the color is what they call anthracite. Similar to a gunmetal, but maybe a touch lighter. I would’ve preferred a slightly darker gray but I like the wheel design. 0151B17C-E8BF-46DB-B836-393E2E764843.jpeg 00F1EB67-C70F-41BC-92C7-B4FD63679B26.jpeg

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Just another update now that I’ve been able to drive around with a little bit more and all the suspension has settled. It does seem to have just the very slightest bit of rub in certain situations. Like backing up if there’s a bump or a certain amount of grade to the road. But honestly it is very very little, and only sometimes. It’s not enough that I’m going to bother trimming anything. If I do anything at all, I might shorten the links just a little bit for an extra quarter inch lift.

here’s a picture of the clearance against the splash guard of the front wheels at about one steering wheel rotation.

62EEA474-6920-4599-AE07-BA0D5B5C54AB.jpeg

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Also, wanted to give a quick update on the tires also if anybody is wondering. I really like the toyo at3s. They’re only a little bit louder than the factory Goodyear‘s. Nothing the radio does not run out. We just had a little bit of rain and they perform excellent. The factory Goodyears used to break loose all the time in the rain but the Toyos stay put. I can drive normally in the rain now whereas I used to have to baby it. Have not had a chance to take them off road yet but I am sure they will perform great. So far I like them better than ko2s and the Atturo trail blade xt I’ve had on different trucks before. Also I have to say before I bought the Toyo I was a little bit worried that the sidewall would not look aggressive enough based on pics online, but in person they look great.

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Sorry one more post. With the negative offset and the rain it does kick up more junk onto the truck. Just something to consider 53151AF2-E074-4EE3-BC42-3F323C1D890A.jpeg EB653401-EEDB-45C5-88C6-38C83A40BDBE.jpeg

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
Yeah without the fender flares it would definitely stick out a little bit more. Here’s a top down view to show how much they stick out.

Also the wheels are fuel rebel 6 the color is what they call anthracite. Similar to a gunmetal, but maybe a touch lighter. I would’ve preferred a slightly darker gray but I like the wheel design. View attachment 118445 View attachment 118446
Great pics dude! This is exactly what I needed to see. I've been on custom offsets to see tire size and rim offsets I'm interested in, but there weren't a lot of great angles. I've got a Laramie sport, so the fender flares would help make the poke look more "normal". I was originally thinking of going with a 0 offset but after seeing this, I'm convinced I'll roll with -18. I do enjoy the rims, color and all. I was thinking of going with the fuel blitz or the ones you went with, but in black. Everything looks great!

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry one more post. With the negative offset and the rain it does kick up more junk onto the truck. Just something to consider View attachment 118453 View attachment 118454
Yep, that was a concern for me. I live in a cold, wet climate so I wanted to minimize the junk getting splashed on the sides of my truck, so I opted for the Husky mud guards. So far, they are containing most of the slop.

20220126_081412.jpg 20220126_081323.jpg

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Great pics dude! This is exactly what I needed to see. I've been on custom offsets to see tire size and rim offsets I'm interested in, but there weren't a lot of great angles. I've got a Laramie sport, so the fender flares would help make the poke look more "normal". I was originally thinking of going with a 0 offset but after seeing this, I'm convinced I'll roll with -18. I do enjoy the rims, color and all. I was thinking of going with the fuel blitz or the ones you went with, but in black. Everything looks great!
no problem. i was looking through a bunch of stuff on custom offsets as well and didn't find any pictures that really showed what i wanted to see so I'm trying to provide as many pics as i can. Let me know if there's any other angles you want to see

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
no problem. i was looking through a bunch of stuff on custom offsets as well and didn't find any pictures that really showed what i wanted to see so I'm trying to provide as many pics as i can. Let me know if there's any other angles you want to see
Do you mind sharing your leveling kit information and price? I know I don't want to do a puck style level but rather go with Bilstein 5100s, Fox 2.0 or rough country leveling struts. I don't plan on doing any off-roading besides traveling to my hunting ground. Not looking for a super stiff ride (want to maintain factory ride as it's comfy) and feel fox 2.0s may be overkill and am unsure about rough country (read some negative reviews). Any help is appreciated!

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing your leveling kit information and price? I know I don't want to do a puck style level but rather go with Bilstein 5100s, Fox 2.0 or rough country leveling struts. I don't plan on doing any off-roading besides traveling to my hunting ground. Not looking for a super stiff ride (want to maintain factory ride as it's comfy) and feel fox 2.0s may be overkill and am unsure about rough country (read some negative reviews). Any help is appreciated!
i have the air ride so it was a daystar spacer with revel links bought them both together off the revel site i think around $3-400. I've never done fox 2.0s but had the bilstein 5100s on a f150 and i really liked the outcome. If i had "regular" suspension on the ram i would have gone with the 5100s again. Most of my off roading is similar to yours, just getting to hunting grounds/camp site or towing polaris to an off road site or some dirt/fire roads etc. but it was more than the stock goodyears could handle.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
i have the air ride so it was a daystar spacer with revel links bought them both together off the revel site i think around $3-400. I've never done fox 2.0s but had the bilstein 5100s on a f150 and i really liked the outcome. If i had "regular" suspension on the ram i would have gone with the 5100s again. Most of my off roading is similar to yours, just getting to hunting grounds/camp site or towing polaris to an off road site or some dirt/fire roads etc. but it was more than the stock goodyears could handle.
I gotcha! I definitely don't have air ride so I was thinking the 5100s would best. Hardest part is finding them in stock but I found these: https://www.suspensionconnection.co...4EelK6ObLeW08EuaOrqRa3imRfxwwkQYaAvRZEALw_wcB

The price seems way too good to be true though. Everywhere else has it for $350 a side. What am I missing? This would be for a front strut, 2020 ram 1500 w/4wd.

CaptainSumTingWong

Reaction score
I gotcha! I definitely don't have air ride so I was thinking the 5100s would best. Hardest part is finding them in stock but I found these: https://www.suspensionconnection.co...4EelK6ObLeW08EuaOrqRa3imRfxwwkQYaAvRZEALw_wcB

The price seems way too good to be true though. Everywhere else has it for $350 a side. What am I missing? This would be for a front strut, 2020 ram 1500 w/4wd.
I don't know if that's a reputable site or not as i've never ordered from them, and i haven't done any research on the part numbers to make sure it's the right fit, but it looks right, and a quick google search shows most of them around the same price +/- $10 or so. And i think i did all 4 corners on my f150 for around $4-500 so nothing about it seems too fishy.

Mitchrob85

Reaction score
I don't know if that's a reputable site or not as i've never ordered from them, and i haven't done any research on the part numbers to make sure it's the right fit, but it looks right, and a quick google search shows most of them around the same price +/- $10 or so. And i think i did all 4 corners on my f150 for around $4-500 so nothing about it seems too fishy.
It's a secure site (https) so that part makes me feel a little better but it's literally half the price of everywhere else, such as tirerack, etc., So it seems a little too good to be true. But like ya said, more research is needed.

Woolnerc

Reaction score
Sorry one more post. With the negative offset and the rain it does kick up more junk onto the truck. Just something to consider View attachment 118453 View attachment 118454
Ok thanks for your info this, its tight on the frount of wheel gaurd.. is that where you feel its rubbing.. i have the weather tek mud gaurds.. i would like to keep them.. it looks like there still room back there with the 295/60/20 option.

Users who are viewing this thread