5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

295/60/20 tires causing abs ??

antzzy

Reaction score
Hey all 2019 1500 with the bds 3.5 inch lift kit. When driving and making a wide turn abs/traction engages. Looked everything over for loose components. Took it to the dealer and they said the abs is giving false readings from incorrect tire size. Now I’m a Honda master tech, ford master previously and I’m calling bs. My Snapon scanner won’t read the 19 yet. I’m pretty sure others have larger tires than I do. Anyone have issues like this ???

bamg0062

Reaction score
Hey all 2019 1500 with the bds 3.5 inch lift kit. When driving and making a wide turn abs/traction engages. Looked everything over for loose components. Took it to the dealer and they said the abs is giving false readings from incorrect tire size. Now I’m a Honda master tech, ford master previously and I’m calling bs. My Snapon scanner won’t read the 19 yet. I’m pretty sure others have larger tires than I do. Anyone have issues like this ???

A little off topic but what BDS 3.5 lift do you have? I only see a 4" and 6" option? Curious because I'd prefer 2-3" lift option. thanks!

antzzy

Reaction score
Ready lift sorry not bds. Actually took it out and put in the oem Mopar but still doing it

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I installed 295/60 on my truck a few weeks ago and am not experiencing these issues. Agree - dealer has no idea and is going with the lowest common denominator.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I just read in the owners manual:
Note: Any chassis/suspension or tire size modifications to the
vehicle will effect the performance of the Adaptive Cruise
Control and Forward Collision Warning System.

Not exactly the same but could be related. Did you have your speedometer re-calibrated? will re-calibrating the speedometer even address this ACC and FWS issues?

wangstarr03

Reaction score
I just read in the owners manual:
Note: Any chassis/suspension or tire size modifications to the
vehicle will effect the performance of the Adaptive Cruise
Control and Forward Collision Warning System.

Not exactly the same but could be related. Did you have your speedometer re-calibrated? will re-calibrating the speedometer even address this ACC and FWS issues?

So I can attest to this somewhat - I've noticed that FCW doesn't throw nearly as many false alarms after new wheels/tires as it used to but on occasion will still let me know I'm cutting it a bit close. Though there was one recent occasion where I felt like it should've gone off but didn't - I was, admittedly, not paying attention and came up on a stopped car too fast. Maybe I just caught myself in time before the system could intervene?

As for the ACC, I use it frequently and haven't noticed any difference in operation. Will be driving from DC > NYC this afternoon and report back if I experience anything worth noting.

antzzy

Reaction score
i do have the speedo calibrated and after a bunch of looking for issues etc etc and 2 seperate dealers , it turns out the lf abs sensor was giving false readings. Even though it was replaced the newest and greatest part number ending in ee is on intergalactic back order. They ended up critical order and installed and now zero issue

Users who are viewing this thread