5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

285/45/R22 Continental Terrain Contact AT - Stock 22'' Replacement

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While the Terrain Contacts are fantastic in the wet, dry, and dirt. Ice and snow traction are not as great from the review below and some other places I've recently checked. We don't get a ton of snow and ice but it is making me reconsider what I am going to get next.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I swapped out my stock 22 tires with the 305/45/22 nitto terra grappler G2s. they look awesome have bigger sidewall and 0 change in performance for mpg and speed. View attachment 41530
Did you have your speed computer recalibrated for the larger tires? If so, how? Did you do it yourself or use the dealer? If you used the dealer, what was the charge? Thanks for the info.

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Curious why u swapped as opposed to just refunding the difference after such rave reviews for what ended up being an H/T tire? Do u have enough miles on the A/T to tell how u like them?

Well, I swapped because I wanted what I researched and sought out for. My rave review was largely opinions formulated as a result of my research on the tire PRIOR to purchasing them. Hence my reason for purchasing them. Not a rave review of the tire AFTER purchase other than mentioning the on-road quietness (made sense since they were HT’s) and having been snowed on recently so naturally putting the tires on the road. As far as refunding the difference, they only charged me for HT’s. Nonetheless, they are nearly identical in price. As for the AT’s, I can confirm they are just as quiet as the HT’s and certainly just as quiet as stock. They honestly ride just like the HT’s so far. Haven’t had snow with the AT’s on yet but based on my research that includes tons of positive reviews, I’m looking forward to it. That all being said, the HT’s were a nice tire. If that’s what you’re looking for and your truck doesn’t see various terrains, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it at all.

Doc33

Reaction score
I swapped out my stock 22 tires with the 305/45/22 nitto terra grappler G2s. they look awesome have bigger sidewall and 0 change in performance for mpg and speed. View attachment 41530
Are you happy with these tires so far? I'm considering them but looking at the 55 instead of 45's

djjr50

Reaction score
Subrscribing.

I might go for the HT's on my 2wd but am entertaining the ATs if the MPG is equivalent or better than the stock tires.

Gdwheel

Reaction score
I replaced the Goodyear 22s with the Terrain Contact HPs on my Limited. I know this is primarily about the ATs, but thought I would weigh in just in case anyone is looking at the HPs. There is a night and day difference between the Goodyears and the Continentals. We get a lot of snow around here and the Goodyears are absolutely worthless on snow and ice. The Continentals have been very good and they are still as comfortable and quiet as the Goodyears. I would highlty recommend the HPs.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had them installed about a week ago in the 20" size. Wet traction is about the best I've ever experienced on a truck tire, they are quiet maybe ever so slightly louder then the silent Michelin Defenders I've run before. The Rim protector is a nice feature especially if you are running low profile 22's. I got one crappy picture of the tread no side shots. The do look a little bigger then the stock Nexans my truck came with.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are H/T's. I was going to get the AT's but was concerned about the snow/ice traction. These should be better in winter with all the sipping plus I don't really go off road.

couple more pictures.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 328
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:

Draker

Reaction score
Just put the Continental AT 285/45/22 on and they seem pretty quiet for AT tires. What tire pressure you guys running in them? Stick with the truck recommended 36 psi or did you beef it up?

redevil

Reaction score
Had these on my 2015 Ram Sport 20" and loved them. These will probably be the next replacement tires when the 22" are worn out on my new 2020 Ram Sport.

rockyrock

Reaction score
I have the Continental Terrain Contact ATs on my Escape and love them. Lost about 1mpg from OEM but well worth it. The only reason I am not considering them for my RAM is they aren't 3PMSF rated. It's never been an issue but without it, I still need chains. I feel like eventually they will have that rating but until then...

e_petro

Reaction score
I just bought a 2019 limited. Came with the Continental A/T’s with the stock 22” rims. Tire size is 285/45/22.

Anybody else with these tires experiencing a rough ride at highway speeds and on streets? I can feel every small bump, crack, etc on streets...

I’m running 37 psi all around.

I recognize “rough” is subjective, but at times it gets pretty bad. I can usually feel/hear consistent cabin vibration on the highway. For example, there’s enough vibration to shake my watch while it’s on my wrist.

Users who are viewing this thread