5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

26 Gallon to 33 Gallon Fuel/Gas tank

Boston

Reaction score
Also wrong generation truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And they are for Cummins only.

2020 long bed had is available with a 50gallon tank from the factory.

Ramgoose

Reaction score
Just to piggy back on this thread... what edumicated engineer decided it was a good idea to locate the fuel tank, heavy agm battery and if you have etourqe another heavy battery all on the drivers side?

Attachments

• A951BA1E-7BA1-4F36-84D2-D4FE3987B9D2.jpeg
    A951BA1E-7BA1-4F36-84D2-D4FE3987B9D2.jpeg
    187.8 KB · Views: 28

woogieout9

Reaction score
So fun situation.... I noticed on my window sticker, it said I had a 26 gallon tank but I never was able to get more than 20-21 gallons on a refuel. I did an experiment, ran the tank 40ish miles after the DTW was 0 (or low) and was only able to muster 22.5 gallons on a refuel. Called the customer service number and they confirmed my suspicions that I in fact had a 23 gallon tank. Since the monroney sticker is technically a legal document, does anyone have guidance on this problem?

In a perfect world, I will be able to pay the difference for a 33 gallon tank vs. the 26 gallon tank since they will be doing the labor always...

Thanks!

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
So fun situation.... I noticed on my window sticker, it said I had a 26 gallon tank but I never was able to get more than 20-21 gallons on a refuel. I did an experiment, ran the tank 40ish miles after the DTW was 0 (or low) and was only able to muster 22.5 gallons on a refuel. Called the customer service number and they confirmed my suspicions that I in fact had a 23 gallon tank. Since the monroney sticker is technically a legal document, does anyone have guidance on this problem?

In a perfect world, I will be able to pay the difference for a 33 gallon tank vs. the 26 gallon tank since they will be doing the labor always...

Thanks!
I am not going to be too much help with all your questions but I would look up your VIN number and see what the buildsheet says just to confirm again. Customer Service probably already did that. I think you can lookup your build sheet here, just insert your VIN at the end of this address: https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

Thanks!
Just out of curiosity, did your DTE go negative, or did it just stay at 0? :ROFLMAO:
I'd avoid running your fuel tank that low anymore. The fuel pump is cooled by fuel, so running it too low could cause your fuel pump to overheat and fail prematurely.

woogieout9

Reaction score
So good news on this, took the guidance from the thread and since my build sheet on the dealer site said 26 but they confirmed it was in fact a 23 gallon tank.

The dealership has, as of last week, replaced my tank with a 26 gallon tank.

Likely it was a typo on their side since many of the etorque configs have a 23 gallon tank but their mistake is my gain. Albeit only a 3 gallon gain but a gain none the less.

2020 Ram Rebel Crew Cab
5.7 w/ E-Torque
Rebel 12 and Level 2 package with Ramboxes
AFE Momentum CAI
Mishimoto Catch Can
Pedal Commander
Truxedo Sentry CT bed cover
Amp Research running boards

Users who are viewing this thread