5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2500 Cargo Camera Installed in 1500

Cwucowboy

Reaction score
So I've been searching and I haven't exactly seen this. Has anybody tried to install the cargo camera/3rd brake light for the 2500 in their 1500? I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with the 12 inch touchscreen. I want to install the cargo camera and I've found Infotainment.com and a couple of other sites that sell the 2500 cargo camera and installation kit but I don't know if it's compatible. The dealership will say no because it wasn't intended originally.

Also I want to add the 2023 tow mirrors with the surround camera. Has anybody tried that?

Thanks.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So I've been searching and I haven't exactly seen this. Has anybody tried to install the cargo camera/3rd brake light for the 2500 in their 1500? I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Limited with the 12 inch touchscreen. I want to install the cargo camera and I've found Infotainment.com and a couple of other sites that sell the 2500 cargo camera and installation kit but I don't know if it's compatible. The dealership will say no because it wasn't intended originally.

Also I want to add the 2023 tow mirrors with the surround camera. Has anybody tried that?

Thanks.
Several people have done it. You can search to find it.

Also, I did a while write up on how to install the surround view cameras. It's in the modificaton section. Easy to find.

Cwucowboy

Reaction score
Several people have done it. You can search to find it.

Also, I did a while write up on how to install the surround view cameras. It's in the modificaton section. Easy to find.
I already have the 360 surround, it was part of the features of the truck. I found references to a cargo camera but I didn't know if they were the 2500 or not. I'll look again. Thanks

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I already have the 360 surround, it was part of the features of the truck. I found references to a cargo camera but I didn't know if they were the 2500 or not. I'll look again. Thanks
Ah, I see on the surround view cameras. You weren't clear on that part. I am working on a custom install of a cargo camera in the digital CHMSL.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks.
I’m not sure if the CHMSL a from a 4th gen (2500) will mount in the 5th gen 1500 hole. Either way, if you have the surround view camera system on a 1500, there’s no way to get the cargo camera input to work because there’s a configuration conflict.
2021+ owners can get around this because they can enable the aux trailer camera inputs instead.

Papabear_08

Reaction score
Can confirm, the 2500 3rd brake light does not fit in the 5th gen 1500. The 2500 housing is not as wide as the 5th gen 1500.

I’m trying to see if I can get a 21 Ram 1500 to connect to a cargo cam.

Users who are viewing this thread