5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

23 digtial ****pit

liq001

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows if I can swap my old 2022 analog ****pit to the new 23 digtial ****pit. My truck is 22 limited.

Best
Lee

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone knows if I can swap my old 2022 analog ****pit to the new 23 digtial ****pit. My truck is 22 limited.

Best
Lee
Are you talking about the gauge cluster?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The censorship is real! Too funny.

It would be highly unlikely anyone outside of The engineers who developed the new digital gauges could speak to backwards compatibility, let alone how-to. Too new.

But anything is possible with enough money and time…

liq001

Reaction score
The censorship is real! Too funny.

It would be highly unlikely anyone outside of The engineers who developed the new digital gauges could speak to backwards compatibility, let alone how-to. Too new.

But anything is possible with enough money and time…
Thanks.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Best
Lee
Shouldn’t be a problem. The connectors are different for the digital cluster, and there are two wires that go to the Ethernet block on the UC5 radio module. I have a conversion harness built and ready to test, but it’ll be a while before I’m able to because you can’t buy a cluster from a mopar parts supplier. You have to wait to find one from a wrecked truck.

RedFred

Reaction score
Shouldn’t be a problem. The connectors are different for the digital cluster, and there are two wires that go to the Ethernet block on the UC5 radio module. I have a conversion harness built and ready to test, but it’ll be a while before I’m able to because you can’t buy a cluster from a mopar parts supplier. You have to wait to find one from a wrecked truck.
So your "shouldn't be a problem", sounds a lot like a problem. :LOL:

liq001

Reaction score
Great. Good to know. May I ask why I can not get it from moped parts? It should be available as a replacement right? Just let me know once you are able to swap it out. I would do it on my truck too. Thanks again.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great. Good to know. May I ask why I can not get it from moped parts? It should be available as a replacement right? Just let me know once you are able to swap it out. I would do it on my truck too. Thanks again.
A dealership can only order one as a direct replacement for the exact same faulty one. Even then, the new cluster has to go to a third party first for mileage correction.

liq001

Reaction score
A dealership can only order one as a direct replacement for the exact same faulty one. Even then, the new cluster has to go to a third party first for mileage correction.
Thanks. If you are able to swap to digital one, please do post pictures, then I can follow with to do it on my truck. Thanks for your info

Pejcinoski

Reaction score
I’m interested in this as well.
Let us know when you have done it so we can order the harness from you and than chase up the new digital cluster

Users who are viewing this thread