5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22 Ram 1500 Windshield

x50

Reaction score
Does anyone know what these orange lines are for? I had to get my windshield replaced (hit by rock on hwy) and I don't remember having those lines before.

PXL_20220610_170423795.jpg

PXL_20220610_170854723.jpg

Last edited:

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm…not sure what they’re for but my 21 Laramie had them. I’ll have to check on the 22 Limited in a little bit when I pick it up from the dealer oil change/tire rotate. I’ve fully tinted both windshields & pretty both still have the lines visible. Do you have the camera in the center rear view option as well? Might have something to do with that.

Edit: I can tell from looking at photos that my Limited has the orange lines as well. Both trims had the CHMSL camera (or whatever the abbreviation is, think I’m forgetting a letter.)

Reactions: x50

x50

Reaction score
I only have the backup camera. The rain sensor and auto high beam sensor are the only things that I can think of that would be there for my truck. The glass shop said they ordered the Mopar glass using my VIN. I was reading about a humidity sensor too but I'm not sure if I have that or not.

Could it be for the lane departure option or some sort of mini defroster for the sensors.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hmm, that’s a very good point. I was just thinking about anything related to the front of the truck before I hopped back on here. It definitely looks like a defroster & it’s also somewhat shaped like the lane departure symbol. I might do some digging just to quell curiosity as well.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m leaning towards a defogger of some kind. There’s an experienced glass guy on here I chatted with before on a thread, I wonder if I could tag him on this somehow.

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
mr.fusion is his screen name - not sure how to tag someone, but could also send him a DM & ask. I’m sure he knows.

Attachments

• 02A238B5-841C-4034-92CC-9F236235049D.png
    02A238B5-841C-4034-92CC-9F236235049D.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 20

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@mr.fusion

Figured out how to tag. 🤪 mr.fusion, can you shed some light on the function of the triangular orange lines on the windshield at your convenience please?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know what these orange lines are for? I had to get my windshield replaced (hit by rock on hwy) and I don't remember having those lines before.

View attachment 131750

View attachment 131751
Those are the defogger lines to keep the view of the DASM clear. The DASM is the camera that handles forward collision warning, adaptive cruise control, and lane keep assist. Your truck is a Laramie, so even if you only have FCW (which I believe is standard), you have this camera.

MrDazana

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 I have a 2022 rebel level 2. I was able to add the auto high beam with alfa and it works. Looking at adding ACC. Do i just need the switch if I have the forward collision system and rainsense ? I saw a video on the TRX forum looks simple enough

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 I have a 2022 rebel level 2. I was able to add the auto high beam with alfa and it works. Looking at adding ACC. Do i just need the switch if I have the forward collision system and rainsense ? I saw a video on the TRX forum looks simple enough
TRX already have the correct abs and HCU module. All other trims that come with FCW but not ACC need the correct abs/HCU swapped in.

MrDazana

Reaction score
TRX already have the correct abs and HCU module. All other trims that come with FCW but not ACC need the correct abs/HCU swapped in.
I wonder if those parts are just needed for the stop and go function. What If I just swap the switch and in alfa set it to ACC only?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if those parts are just needed for the stop and go function. What If I just swap the switch and in alfa set it to ACC only?
I mean…you can try it, just like everyone else did in the adding ACC thread, only to find out that you need the correct abs/HCU…
You’ll get a configuration mismatch if you try just ACC, because that’s not an option for the Rams

MrDazana

Reaction score
I mean…you can try it, just like everyone else did in the adding ACC thread, only to find out that you need the correct abs/HCU…
You’ll get a configuration mismatch if you try just ACC, because that’s not an option for the Rams
The ABS module (68436462AF) iand Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) (68415320AA show on mopar.com that its compatible with 2022 rebels, but mopar canada shows its only for 2019-2020. Do you know if there are different parts numbers for canadiantrucks ?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The ABS module (68436462AF) iand Hydraulic Control Unit (HCU) (68415320AA show on mopar.com that its compatible with 2022 rebels, but mopar canada shows its only for 2019-2020. Do you know if there are different parts numbers for canadiantrucks ?
The easiest thing to do is give any parts department your VIN, and the VIN of a 2022 that has ACC, and ask them what part numbers each of those VINs use for the abs and HCU.

MrDazana

Reaction score
The easiest thing to do is give any parts department your VIN, and the VIN of a 2022 that has ACC, and ask them what part numbers each of those VINs use for the abs and HCU.
thanks for your input and Expertise. I'll post when I get that info!
cheers

Bpebler

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It depends. My let dealers said $1000-1500 so I opted for the insurance at the time when money was tight bc I have terrible luck with all my windshields. The new dealer I used on my 22 told me he could get a Mopar replacement for me for roughly $300 & most dealers just mark them up like crazy & that they handle their warranties differently - which they do, but we’ll see in time when I need to replace it if their words ring true.

Users who are viewing this thread