5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22” wheels and balance Issues, how many people that have 22” with Goodyear tires have issue with balance.

Ctdriver007

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with 2400 miles and it seems like the dealer is saying all 22” rims have some sort of imbalance, we drove a 2019 and 2020 Limited on the lot and they were out of balance. I’m curious as to how many people have this issue. The dealer put a new set of tires on the truck but it still has the vibration at the same speeds.

bazbob

Reaction score
I have the limited with 22" and I only have driven it 300 miles but I'm very smooth at highway speeds. No imbalance here. I do see alot of weights on the wheels so I don't doubt they require more than the average for balancing them.
58efb675c0561fc7fe1e873a35e4e887.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

papac0rn

Reaction score
I have the 22s on mine with the night edition package. I have about 600 miles and don't seem to be having any issues. I've previously owned Goodyear tires on other vehicles and have had vibration and balance issues. In the past my local Goodyear store found and replaced the defective tires. I liked the eagles I had on another car for handling but they were usually shot around 20-30k.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Lize

Reaction score
Did the dealer road force balance them? Not something I’m familiar and I’d never heard of it before reading on here but others have seen improvement over normal balancing. Maybe do a forum search and see if you think it might help?

Ctdriver007

Reaction score
Did the dealer road force balance them? Not something I’m familiar and I’d never heard of it before reading on here but others have seen improvement over normal balancing. Maybe do a forum search and see if you think it might help?
Yes they did the road force balance and also replaced all four tires, I just found it odd that the other 2 trucks on the lot ride worse with the same vibration at the same speeds.

Ctdriver007

Reaction score
I have the 22s on mine with the night edition package. I have about 600 miles and don't seem to be having any issues. I've previously owned Goodyear tires on other vehicles and have had vibration and balance issues. In the past my local Goodyear store found and replaced the defective tires. I liked the eagles I had on another car for handling but they were usually shot around 20-30k.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk
I have never had any luck out of Goodyear, I would have perfected Michelins but didn’t have any say in what they put on.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Zero issues on my original set on which I put 10k miles, or the night editions I've been rocking for the last six weeks.

F46DBE74-E689-4DEC-882B-8D92F6D98E83.jpeg

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No issues with mine that I know of...or perhaps I am not as sensitive to it. Just hit 3K miles.

Talpa

Reaction score
Off balance between 57-63 mph, 4500 miles

Ctdriver007

Reaction score
Update... went and picked the truck up today, they couldn’t repair the wheels they had messed up when they put new tires on so the pulled new wheels off of a new 2020 Limited That only had 30 miles on it! So with these tires and wheels I only get the vibration at 39 to 45 and 54 to 57! This makes the 3rd set of tires and two sets of rims so this tells me something else might be wrong, anyone have any ideas? Only 2500 miles on my truck!

Hydroblueguy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Limited with 2400 miles and it seems like the dealer is saying all 22” rims have some sort of imbalance, we drove a 2019 and 2020 Limited on the lot and they were out of balance. I’m curious as to how many people have this issue. The dealer put a new set of tires on the truck but it still has the vibration at the same speeds.
I think mine are 20’s all four were way out of balance before 1000 miles

djjr50

Reaction score
Mine are good. Only had the truck for a month and put ~2k miles on it but I have driven a lot of highway miles and no issue. Dont like the Goodyears because of the grip so I will be looking for something better once they wear down.

Ctdriver007

Reaction score
Mine are good. Only had the truck for a month and put ~2k miles on it but I have driven a lot of highway miles and no issue. Dont like the Goodyears because of the grip so I will be looking for something better once they wear down.
Looks like Ram care wants me to go to another dealer and see what they say. I have put roughly 500 miles going back and forth with this truck! I had a 16 Ram 2500 that ride better than this!

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your having balance issues it reminds me when I had a Ridgeline yes I know different truck but I put 21”s on it expensive pretty wheels and tried everything to get them balanced and never could. Even my 20” on my Challenger some days just do not seem perfect, bigger wheels bigger problems it seems. Never had problems with20” on a Ram though. Good luck

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
Had to replace my goodyears at 23k because they were worn out. Did rotations every 5k miles. Have Michelin Defender LTX with 15k and they still look new. No balancing issues.

Users who are viewing this thread