5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

22” Wheel Options…Need ideas for my lifted limited

cjwalters5

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2021 Ram Limited and put a 5” Rough Country lift and some Nitto Ridge Grapplers on it. They had to put some spacers on it because the factory wheels don’t sit flush…

They failed to tell me this ahead of time.
Now when I go 60mph or faster the steering wheel shakes really bad…I take it back and they said I need to look into aftermarket wheels because factory wheels are not great for lifts….

Can y’all help me with some great looking aftermarket 22” wheels…

As you can see, I didn’t chrome delete the truck and I would like chrome in the wheels.

CFD9E374-4760-40B8-821C-85E082D4010F.jpeg 6E5F4B66-EB64-42BB-AF5E-7AC225E8F8B9.jpeg I actually prefer the wheels on the truck right now, but I do not want to continue dealing with the steering wheel shaking.

DirtNazzty

Reaction score
Awesome looking truck man!! As far as good looking aftermarket wheels there's thousands to choose from and what I like, you may not like etc.. so the only help/advice I can give you there is to hop on custom offsets gallery and use the advanced search to type in 5th Gen ram and 22" wheels and poke around there for awhile until you see some wheels you like. There are TONS of people's trucks on there with hundreds if not thousands of different setups so I'm sure you will find something you like! In the advance search you can filter your results down to every detail, truck model, year, lift size, wheel and tire brand/size etc... And every post displays exactly what the user has on the truck as far as the name of the wheels tires etc.. Pretty useful when looking into this type of stuff! Good luck

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat. I have the same wheels on my longhorn and absolutely LOVE these wheels! But I will be lifting mine soon as well and hate the fact I'm not gunna be able to run the factory wheels anymore lol.. But IMO lifting a truck 4+ inches looks alot better with wider wheels and tires, with a little offset to make them poke out a little bit.

A couple questions... Did you end up going with 33s instead of 35s? It appears in the pictures they are only a 33 at biggest, and also do you have the air ride or is your truck sitting just at the 5" lift in the pictures?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aimlowrobin

Reaction score
There is no reason they "had to" put spacers on. Regardless, something isn't right. Either the spacers are messed up, or the lift, tire balancing, or alignment.

In other words, you could go without spacers and be fine, or should be able to go with spacers and also be fine.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Factory wheels are some of the truest running wheels you will find so that tire dealer is full of crap. The spacers are most likely your problem. If not it's going to be balance (or something loose in the suspension).

Drummond

Reaction score
I have Ridge Grapplers on wife's Wrangler. They are very sensitive to a slight imbalance. Did shop do a road force balance?

Users who are viewing this thread