5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 ram 1500 limited e torque dead at 12k miles

JaylonW

Reaction score
I feel ur pain....i would want a new truck...

I bought an explorer one time...and The transmission went out before I got home. They wanted to replace the transmission but i was like....NO WAY...new truck please or i would have acted a fool.

rubrduk

Reaction score
Thank you for that. I did contact ram cares but they refused to cover or provide a rental. I’m now using a friends truck since I need one for work and they will only consider covering if they determine the problem is covered under warranty. Very disappointed with the service I am getting. Please let me know if there any reccoemnded lawyers anyone is aware of for a California lemon law buy back.

If the dealer has not yet diagnosed the source of the engine failure and identified the initial cause after having the truck for more than 2 weeks, then there is a compounding problem.

I find it extremely odd that a basic rental car has not been provided to you. Did Customer Care provide a level 2 support case number and direct contact? I ask because”Ram Cares” and Ram Customer Care might be different things.

48FD3C30-1E4F-4CC7-A00C-C7B9DFDF3F51.jpeg
I made the decision years ago to have a factory authorized dealer or service center perform regular maintenance and oil changes on all my vehicles for the duration of the warranty at minimum, so that any attempts or claims at blaming me for the issues are perfectly documented and covered under all factor filters and oils and schedule.

I have known too many people that have experienced major engine, transmission, electrical failures on new vehicles (all brands)…these instances are not as rare as you would think.

Last edited:

Harmz247

Reaction score
I have been in contact with a rep at ram cares and both oil changes were done at dealer. There’s no way anything can be of my fault. I would just put in and drive but I get they need to do it this way but just that i feel it should take this long. I didn’t pay this much to have my vehicle sit at the dealers for this long of a period. It’s my daily driver and I need.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with a rep at ram cares and both oil changes were done at dealer. There’s no way anything can be of my fault. I would just put in and drive but I get they need to do it this way but just that i feel it should take this long. I didn’t pay this much to have my vehicle sit at the dealers for this long of a period. It’s my daily driver and I need.
When my Kia Optima went into limp home mode they determined it needed an engine the next day.

I believe it was 8 days for the repair of the vehicle to be finished with a remanned engine shipped from KIA directly.
Unfortunately since the truck is broken it's not like you can take it to another dealership.

Keep pushing ram cares via phone, ask about reimbursement for rental while vehicle is in the shop.

Else you can keep letting it sit to trigger the lemon law if you want, not sure what the exact $ you cold get back, but you would be stuck looking to buy another vehicle so it's really up to you.
If I could get all my money back and I didn't put anything into the truck I would let them buy it back and get another and cross fingers

rubrduk

Reaction score

Getting in a hurry is only going to hurt your feelings, it may be a bitter pill 💊 to swallow, but you should consider settling in and researching all available options.

None of us know the specific details of your case, but I don’t understand why they are not giving you a rental car.

I suggest asking your Cares Rep directly for a rental car, you can get 1/2 ton trucks from all major car rental places.

Users who are viewing this thread