5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 Proximity Entry Help

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Check into this thread- https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/adding-passive-entry-how-to.22274/
You can source the parts circled in purple yourself, and I can build you a set of harnesses that will integrate right into your existing harnesses, and you can get the project done a lot cheaper than that kit price.
icUlsDD.jpg

jastevenson

Reaction score
I wish there was a way to get this on the rear doors. Absurd that I have to touch the front door handle every time I want to open my rear door to put some stuff in the back (which is a lot!)

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wish there was a way to get this on the rear doors. Absurd that I have to touch the front door handle every time I want to open my rear door to put some stuff in the back (which is a lot!)
What prevents this from being installed in the rear door handle, in addition to the existing front door passive entry?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What prevents this from being installed in the rear door handle, in addition to the existing front door passive entry?
Nothing. You would tie into the front handle switch wires. I’m trying to come up with a somewhat plug n play solution, working on identifying some rear door harness terminals.

Reactions: cj7

cj7

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nothing. You would tie into the front handle switch wires. I’m trying to come up with a somewhat plug n play solution, working on identifying some rear door harness terminals.
Cool, thx - sign me up

Users who are viewing this thread