5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 Ecodiesel 2wd w/ Fox 2.5 DSC

TriSum

Reaction score
First off, thanks to Cameron @ Poly Performance for finding the Fox DSC kit for my truck and getting it out to me from the different warehouses.

Got it installed this past week along with Fuel 18x9 -12 wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 295/70/18's. Went with this combo based on a couple things; first off was trying to keep the height low enough to fit into my garage and second, trying to keep the rotational weight as close to factory as possible.

Fuel Shok 28lbs and Nitto G2 51lbs, so 79lbs for the new combo vs. 71lbs for the stock 20x9 255 combo. All the other tires in this category are 15+lbs heavier.

So, would I spend the extra money on the Fox stuff again for the 2" of lift - probably not. I'm still playing with the settings, but I feel the shock is lacking severely in rebound control. If you want to go this route, Fox or King, get them from a shock tuner that sets them up for you. I will be pulling the rears and having someone re-valve them after I figure out what they need.

Stock
Stock.jpg
Fox side.jpg
Fox Wheel Tire.jpg

And I just enough clearance for my garage.

Garage Clearance.jpg

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How much lift up front ? And exact door dimension please ….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TriSum

Reaction score
How much lift up front ? And exact door dimension please ….

I didn't measure before and after, oops! It was how they came from Fox, which I believe is 2".

79 1/4 inches on the garage door.

Last edited:

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First off, thanks to Cameron @ Poly Performance for finding the Fox DSC kit for my truck and getting it out to me from the different warehouses.

Got it installed this past week along with Fuel 18x9 -12 wheels and Nitto Terra Grappler G2 295/70/18's. Went with this combo based on a couple things; first off was trying to keep the height low enough to fit into my garage and second, trying to keep the rotational weight as close to factory as possible.

Fuel Shok 28lbs and Nitto G2 51lbs, so 79lbs for the new combo vs. 71lbs for the stock 20x9 255 combo. All the other tires in this category are 15+lbs heavier.

So, would I spend the extra money on the Fox stuff again for the 2" of lift - probably not. I'm still playing with the settings, but I feel the shock is lacking severely in rebound control. If you want to go this route, Fox or King, get them from a shock tuner that sets them up for you. I will be pulling the rears and having someone re-valve them after I figure out what they need.
How do you like the ride with those G2's? Those are the only non E rated tires in that size and I've been curious how they would look. I bet pictures just don't do justice do they? How has MPG's been affected?

TriSum

Reaction score
How do you like the ride with those G2's? Those are the only non E rated tires in that size and I've been curious how they would look. I bet pictures just don't do justice do they? How has MPG's been affected?
Just got them put on, they are very quiet and ride well. I don't have the speedometer calibrated yet to check MPG, but I can tell it definitely struggles more at speed with the 3.21 gears.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got them put on, they are very quiet and ride well. I don't have the speedometer calibrated yet to check MPG, but I can tell it definitely struggles more at speed with the 3.21 gears.
Yeah I have the 3.21's as well so I'm worried to go up to the 295/70's. I have the stock 20's right now, but have been eyeing some 18's as I feel like they look great! If I do go down to 18's I might just stick to 275/70's then.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I have the 3.21's as well so I'm worried to go up to the 295/70's. I have the stock 20's right now, but have been eyeing some 18's as I feel like they look great! If I do go down to 18's I might just stick to 275/70's then.

Had 3.55’s with 35’s in my 2012 6 spd …. Hated it off the line …. Fine on the highway … Ordered my 22 with 3.92’s with the 8 spd …. Should be a bit zippier

Users who are viewing this thread