5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21' Big Horn - new member intro

ZX6R Junkie

Reaction score
Hey all. I recently traded in my way-overbuilt rock crawler money pit jeep for a new-ish 21' ram 1500 Big Horn, and i gotta say i enjoy the truck more n more the more i drive it. Was able to get $38k for trade-in on the jeep (15 JKUR), with a sticker of $48k on the Ram, so only had to finance for $10k. The truck is CPO, but only had literally 1010mi on the odo at the time i picked it up so damn near brand spankin new. Made em throw in the mopar rubber floor mats with it lol.

Does it have some kind of auto-fob-detect for unlocking the doors as you pull the handle? If so, is there a trick or setting for it? So far, only seems to auto-sense the fob for start of the vehicle.

Thanks to a thread i found (which is how i found the forum), i was able to order the oem Mopar front license plate bracket from a wholesale site ($20 vs $30 at dealer). I'm just wondering how it installs.... snaps into the holes or uses bolt/nut (which means i'll have to reach around and get behind the bumper somehow.

IMG-6387.jpg

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine (Ret.)
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome aboard (y)

Does it have some kind of auto-fob-detect for unlocking the doors as you pull the handle?
I don't know if keyless enter and go is available on Bighorns, but there are threads here where owners have added the feature. Do you have the remote proximity handles? There will be a small button on the front door handles if you do.
I'm just wondering how it installs.... snaps into the holes or uses bolt/nut (which means i'll have to reach around and get behind the bumper somehow.
IIRC, just align the holes, set it in place and as you tighten the screws the plastic expands behind the bumper to hold it in place. Pretty simple, just don't over torque the screws.

ZX6R Junkie

Reaction score
Do you have the remote proximity handles? There will be a small button on the front door handles if you do.
No buttons to be found, sadly.

Adding the feature may (at the least) be worth looking into. I got used to it with the Honda Odyssey van we have lol.
IIRC, just align the holes, set it in place and as you tighten the screws the plastic expands behind the bumper to hold it in place. Pretty simple, just don't over torque the screws.
Good tip, makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/