5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21 5.7 2nd UOA

2021QCBH

Reaction score
Here’s my second UOA taken around 53k miles. I typically run 7500 on Pennzoil Platinum 5-20 and a Mopar filter. I shorted this change by about 500 miles since I was leaving on a 2500 mile towing trip that week. This sample was mostly around town daily driving (don’t tow as much in the winter).

I requested TBN on my first sample (lots of towing) to get a baseline of how the oil holds up to my usage. It had 2.1 remaining at 7500. That was taken at 7500 miles on the odo.

Thanks for looking. IMG_3659.png

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Emerging trends"?
Used oil analysis is really about building a trend of data, every engine wears differently, every oil is different, every filter is different. Wear metals will decrease and then should become steady until the engine begins to reach the end of it's life and they will increase again.

The other use is if you suspect an issue, excessive fuel dilution, failed head gasket, coolant in the oil, failing lifters or bearings etc.

2021QCBH

Reaction score
I’ll likely start running one on every change from here on out to keep tabs on iron in the event of a lifter failure.

Users who are viewing this thread