5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Tungsten Questions

Bsjoiner

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am currently in a 2022 Limited Night Edition and looking at possibly ordering a new Tungsten. I have a few questions that I am unable to find answers to online.

1.) I see the new RAM will support a digital key on iPhone and Apple Watch. Is it using Apple Car Key like BMW or doing something through the RAM app that is less integrated?
2.) Has RAM finally added lock\unlock to all 4 exterior door handles in 2025?
3.) If I get the Muti Function Tailgate, do I lose the power close function?
4.) Are Ram Boxes standard on the Tungsten?
5.) Does the offroad package on the Tungsten add front and rear tow hooks? It appears that it does in the online configurator, but it is not mentioned.
6.) Any word on a Tungsten Night Edition?

Thank you all in advance if anyone has the answers to some or all of these.

tyresmoker

Reaction score
I can answer a couple of your questions....As of now, RamBox is standard...Absolute deal breaker for me. I am honestly hoping if there is enough noise online, they might reconsider?
Also, the power function is not available on the MFT.
I doubt a night edition will be an option, as black is not offered as an interior color.

PetePA

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am currently in a 2022 Limited Night Edition and looking at possibly ordering a new Tungsten. I have a few questions that I am unable to find answers to online.

1.) I see the new RAM will support a digital key on iPhone and Apple Watch. Is it using Apple Car Key like BMW or doing something through the RAM app that is less integrated?
2.) Has RAM finally added lock\unlock to all 4 exterior door handles in 2025?
3.) If I get the Muti Function Tailgate, do I lose the power close function?
4.) Are Ram Boxes standard on the Tungsten?
5.) Does the offroad package on the Tungsten add front and rear tow hooks? It appears that it does in the online configurator, but it is not mentioned.
6.) Any word on a Tungsten Night Edition?

Thank you all in advance if anyone has the answers to some or all of these.

I only have a few answers:

4. Yes, it's standard.
6. No word. The dealer ordering website doesn't offer that as an option, nor does the online configurator.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
1.) I see the new RAM will support a digital key on iPhone and Apple Watch. Is it using Apple Car Key like BMW or doing something through the RAM app that is less integrated? I don't think anyone knows this answer.
2.) Has RAM finally added lock\unlock to all 4 exterior door handles in 2025? No idea
3.) If I get the Muti Function Tailgate, do I lose the power close function? Yes
4.) Are Ram Boxes standard on the Tungsten? Yes
5.) Does the offroad package on the Tungsten add front and rear tow hooks? It appears that it does in the online configurator, but it is not mentioned. - Don't trust the online configurator since the pictures might not match actual production. Try to see if anyone on youtube reviewed a Tungsten with the Off-Road group.
6.) Any word on a Tungsten Night Edition? - Probably not going to happen with white leather seats.

This dude posted the 2025 manual which might help answer some of your questions if you enjoy reading. I did see something about the the Digital Key in there.

Bsjoiner

Reaction score
1.) I see the new RAM will support a digital key on iPhone and Apple Watch. Is it using Apple Car Key like BMW or doing something through the RAM app that is less integrated? I don't think anyone knows this answer.
2.) Has RAM finally added lock\unlock to all 4 exterior door handles in 2025? No idea
3.) If I get the Muti Function Tailgate, do I lose the power close function? Yes
4.) Are Ram Boxes standard on the Tungsten? Yes
5.) Does the offroad package on the Tungsten add front and rear tow hooks? It appears that it does in the online configurator, but it is not mentioned. - Don't trust the online configurator since the pictures might not match actual production. Try to see if anyone on youtube reviewed a Tungsten with the Off-Road group.
6.) Any word on a Tungsten Night Edition? - Probably not going to happen with white leather seats.

This dude posted the 2025 manual which might help answer some of your questions if you enjoy reading. I did see something about the the Digital Key in there.

Boom! I found the digital key in the manual and it IS Apple Car Key. I highlighted the section in the attached screen shot talking about opening the wallet app on your smartphone. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-11 163659.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 163659.png
    397.7 KB · Views: 27

Bsjoiner

Reaction score
I was also able to confrm that the rear doors DO NOT have the passive entry system in the handles.

dcchris311

Reaction score
I was also able to confrm that the rear doors DO NOT have the passive entry system in the handles.
I don't understand why they don't. I had it on my BMW and it was such a useful option.

disarm

Reaction score
I don't understand why they don't. I had it on my BMW and it was such a useful option.
The Audi Q7 that I drove before my Ram let you unlock from the rear doors and I find mysterious constantly trying to do it on my truck out of habit. I have Ramboxes and it's annoying to walk up to the truck from behind and realize the Rambox is locked, then have to take an extra couple steps to reach the front door handle to unlock (and walk back) instead of just being able to grab the rear handle that's easily within reach.

I know, I know...first world problems. Doesn't make it any less annoying though.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

Arth

Reaction score
The Audi Q7 that I drove before my Ram let you unlock from the rear doors and I find mysterious constantly trying to do it on my truck out of habit. I have Ramboxes and it's annoying to walk up to the truck from behind and realize the Rambox is locked, then have to take an extra couple steps to reach the front door handle to unlock (and walk back) instead of just being able to grab the rear handle that's easily within reach.

I know, I know...first world problems. Doesn't make it any less annoying though.

Sent from my SM-S928U using Tapatalk

I had to laugh with you about first world problems but I have experienced the same oops moment. Wanting to access the rambox and having to get over to the front door first to unlock the truck with full hands. I know FCA (Stellantis) can make it happen as my 23 Grand Cherokee has passive unlock/lock on all four handles.

Icecoldak

Reaction score
PLEASE---RAM let us decide if we want ram boxes on our Tungsten edition Ram----Im 1000% NO-GO unless I can get standard bed!!!!

The Multi-Function tailgate is not "standard" I Hope!

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Does the keyfob unlock the RamBox?
It always has. The Rambox does a funny thing and likes to lock itself randomly and you need to either unlock it again with the fob or the inside of the door panel. It's better then the problem people had when it would unlock itself and open up while driving though.

pensfan

Reaction score
PLEASE---RAM let us decide if we want ram boxes on our Tungsten edition Ram----Im 1000% NO-GO unless I can get standard bed!!!!

The Multi-Function tailgate is not "standard" I Hope!
3 things would keep me from the Tungsten or Limited. The air suspension, Ram Boxes, and the power side steps.
They should not be forcing the boxes on every truck. I wonder what the actual take rate was on them.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I like and use the Ram boxes and love the air suspension (unless you live in extreme cold climate) but I agree all these things including sun roof (is on Limited) should be options on the upper trims. As to the power side steps I have not experienced them yet. On my Laramie I just lower the suspension for dog and others who need it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I like and use the Ram boxes and love the air suspension (unless you live in extreme cold climate) but I agree all these things including sun roof (is on Limited) should be options on the upper trims. As to the power side steps I have not experienced them yet. On my Laramie I just lower the suspension for dog and others who need it.
The whole point of Ram's upper trims is optional equipment becomes standard.
If you don't want the equipment option up a Laramie.

Ram is making a bunch of terrible changes for the 2025 model year that make it even harder to order, likely try to force people into pre-builts and disable the ability to custom order in the near future.

dajogejr

Reaction score
I had to laugh with you about first world problems but I have experienced the same oops moment. Wanting to access the rambox and having to get over to the front door first to unlock the truck with full hands. I know FCA (Stellantis) can make it happen as my 23 Grand Cherokee has passive unlock/lock on all four handles.
Ditto. Love it about my wife’s Grand Cherokee. I do like the fact my tailgate works with key in pocket…but I wish the rear doors did. My shopping trips more often than not, be it food or other substance, involve going in the back seat.

As said…first world problems… LOL.

dajogejr

Reaction score
The whole point of Ram's upper trims is optional equipment becomes standard.
If you don't want the equipment option up a Laramie.

Ram is making a bunch of terrible changes for the 2025 model year that make it even harder to order, likely try to force people into pre-builts and disable the ability to custom order in the near future.
Maybe.
I’m not saying you’re wrong overall.
Glad I’m not a betting man, but if I were.. I’d say market studies say otherwise.
In the restaurant industry… we remove items from menus that don’t sell, are difficult to execute, low margins and/or high spoilage due to waste.
When you remove it... There are complaints. But then reading the data…that data shows it was ordered like 3 times in a month…. Just arbitrary numbers but you get the point.

Darksteel, not saying you’re wrong, but chances are with all the data that can be derived, I’m guessing it’s something like that.
I respect the want and ability to have It your way…

lonepeak

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to most of the standard things on the Limited except for the extra passenger screen. Otherwise the option choice is pretty good.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Maybe.
I’m not saying you’re wrong overall.
Glad I’m not a betting man, but if I were.. I’d say market studies say otherwise.
In the restaurant industry… we remove items from menus that don’t sell, are difficult to execute, low margins and/or high spoilage due to waste.
When you remove it... There are complaints. But then reading the data…that data shows it was ordered like 3 times in a month…. Just arbitrary numbers but you get the point.

Darksteel, not saying you’re wrong, but chances are with all the data that can be derived, I’m guessing it’s something like that.
I respect the want and ability to have It your way…
I mean it's out of our control anyways.
Wouldn't be the first time Chrysler goes bankrupt.

PetePA

Reaction score
I just called the dealership... forged blue metallic still not available to order 😭

Users who are viewing this thread