5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 ram 1500 misfire

Spiltty

Reaction score
I am new here I dont mean to complain, I love Ram trucks but man I'm having issues with figuring out what to do.

I dropped my truck off at beginning of August for a Misfire code on cylinder 2,4 and 5, thats the 2nd CEL in 1900 miles. They said it'll be a couple weeks. Then got a call that it will be moved to star case. 19 days into the month no update. Won't exchange the loaner for a truck and RamCares said I'd most likely pay for a rental out of pocket. Missed out on a few side jobs due to no truck right now. I've been polite and stuff but no luck with anyone. Am I being unrealistic? Should I be more aggressive with the dealership or a different avenue?

FYI. Only used 93 and I know the gas is good I used 93 in my previous vehicle for over a year at the same gas station(s)

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am new here I dont mean to complain, I love Ram trucks but man I'm having issues with figuring out what to do.

I dropped my truck off at beginning of August for a Misfire code on cylinder 2,4 and 5, thats the 2nd CEL in 1900 miles. They said it'll be a couple weeks. Then got a call that it will be moved to star case. 19 days into the month no update. Won't exchange the loaner for a truck and RamCares said I'd most likely pay for a rental out of pocket. Missed out on a few side jobs due to no truck right now. I've been polite and stuff but no luck with anyone. Am I being unrealistic? Should I be more aggressive with the dealership or a different avenue?

FYI. Only used 93 and I know the gas is good I used 93 in my previous vehicle for over a year at the same gas station(s)
Way too polite. How on earth is a new 2025 out that long and they are telling you a rental will be out of pocket?

There are guys on this forum with the same issue that got their monthly payment covered because of this. Check out the 2025 issue thread, there are comments on there that I think would help you.

Spiltty

Reaction score
Way too polite. How on earth is a new 2025 out that long and they are telling you a rental will be out of pocket?

There are guys on this forum with the same issue that got their monthly payment covered because of this. Check out the 2025 issue thread, there are comments on there that I think would help you.
Thanks! I seen people with the same issue with the truck but not as far as keeping the dealer to cooperate with me. I will look back and see if I can find out how they persuaded the dealer to help or who they talked to

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Thanks! I seen people with the same issue with the truck but not as far as keeping the dealer to cooperate with me. I will look back and see if I can find out how they persuaded the dealer to help or who they talked to

There are more recent post that mention who they contacted. If not specific on the post, make sure to message the member directly to ask them how they went about it. Either way, what you are going through is unacceptable, especially at the price point these trucks come in now.

Spiltty

Reaction score
The 5rh time talking to Ram Cares they state that they usually only help people with out of warranty claims so they push it back to the dealer saying they have to help. Ram Cares refuses to do anything. I guess I ha e to get a attorney because now I'm pissed getting the run around is a joke

Users who are viewing this thread