5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Ram 1500 Laramie Brake Failure at 2k miles

smb058

Reaction score
On my way home from work a month ago, my 2025 RAM 1500 Laramie with 2,600 miles had a serious brake failure that resulted in loss of all brake fluid and all brake capabilities. Towed it to dealership and they have been investigating the cause and found some concerning results. Apparently, two brass washers on the front left brake hose/caliper failed causing the leak. I was told that there were 6 other identical failures recently, and Stellantis is "reengineering the part". 68674679AA is what they are looking for.

Is anyone else part of those 6 failures? No recall yet, but that was a serious failure that could have resulted in major injury or fatality, so I got an identical trade in rather than having a newly reengineered part on my brake system. Very interested to see where this one goes...

Attachments

• 20240930_064347.jpg
    20240930_064347.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240930_103514.jpg
    20240930_103514.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 20240930_083242.jpg
    20240930_083242.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 31
Man, I've been getting brake system failure notifications on my radio recently. I haven't had any issues yet, but this scares me.

On my way home from work a month ago, my 2025 RAM 1500 Laramie with 2,600 miles had a serious brake failure that resulted in loss of all brake fluid and all brake capabilities. Towed it to dealership and they have been investigating the cause and found some concerning results. Apparently, two brass washers on the front left brake hose/caliper failed causing the leak. I was told that there were 6 other identical failures recently, and Stellantis is "reengineering the part". 68674679AA is what they are looking for.

Is anyone else part of those 6 failures? No recall yet, but that was a serious failure that could have resulted in major injury or fatality, so I got an identical trade in rather than having a newly reengineered part on my brake system. Very interested to see where this one goes...
What was your build date? I have a big horn would that be the same /system?

What was your build date? I have a big horn would that be the same /system?
I am not sure what the build date was, but I purchased new off the lot in August. From what I gathered by talking with the dealership and pulling teeth working with Stellantis, the 2025 Limited has the same part number. I considered upgrading when I did the trade in, but when they told me it was the same part number as the one that failed, so I decided not to go that route. So, it's likely that the big horn has it too...

Man, I've been getting brake system failure notifications on my radio recently. I haven't had any issues yet, but this scares me.
I don't recall getting a brake system failure notification on mine. The first warning I got was the "BRAKE" warning on the instrument cluster. It cancelled all driving assist functions (cruise, traction control, active lane management). That alarm can either be from low brake fluid (which was the case for me), or an issue with parking brake. I definitely would treat any brake warning with a high sense of urgency after what I went through

I am not sure what the build date was, but I purchased new off the lot in August. From what I gathered by talking with the dealership and pulling teeth working with Stellantis, the 2025 Limited has the same part number. I considered upgrading when I did the trade in, but when they told me it was the same part number as the one that failed, so I decided not to go that route. So, it's likely that the big horn has it too...
What did you trade for?

What did you trade for?
I traded in as an identical swap (2025 RAM 1500 Laramie). They basically took the broken truck and gave me a replacement (the dealership was a huge help making this happen). Not ideal, but I wasn't left with many options since it never technically met lemon law requirements...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back