5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

Reaction score
Update on mine. After 2 weeks and a lot of aggravation with poor customer service and having to fight for a loaner/rental. My dealer miraculously got the part that was back ordered with no eta that they claimed caused my issue. Ignition Control Module. I’m picking it up this afternoon. Fingers crossed this is the end of it but I’m leary. It seems everyone with this issue is getting different repairs. And many still have the issue afterwards. I’ll update once I have a few hundred miles on it. Good luck all!
Same treatment for me. No loaners available. Caught plenty of attitude for even asking. That dealer has completely driven me from the brand as a whole. That'll be noted to Stellantis at some point (if they don't go under first). Good luck to ya!

OLLIECB

Reaction score
Mine just dropped off this morning. No loaners so that's pretty neat...just riding my Harley for awhile I guess. I refuse to accessorize mine additionally until I know with some certainty it's going to stick around. One thing for certain this is my last Ram product. The treatment from the dealer is enough to warrant that. Best of luck to ya man and I appreciate the reply.
I was temporarily on my Fatboy while my problem was getting taken care of by my dealership. I never mind some wind therapy. I can't believe there are so many solutions given on this thread for the same CEL issue. It makes me a bit suspicious. I wouldn't give up on Ram's because of this...hopefully this is a needed kick to the pants for Stellantis and Ram to timely solve issues and treat consumers accordingly and not like we are idiots...we just want our investments to enjoy without continuous problematic issues. My '09 was a reliable beast...if this hiccup CEL issue is over, I'll continue to support the product.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
I've owned many Rams, most reliable, the one that was a lemon (and I mean real lemon), I didn't own it. So lets see whats happening in the next couple of months, but it seems weird we haven't heard from RamCares. Dealers on the other hand are hit and miss, if you find a good one, let others know, hopefully they be close to them.

ESL12

Reaction score
Same treatment for me. No loaners available. Caught plenty of attitude for even asking. That dealer has completely driven me from the brand as a whole. That'll be noted to Stellantis at some point (if they don't go under first). Good luck to ya!
The level of customer service from dealer and corporate has been appalling. I have not received a single update from corp without me having to call and demand to speak to my case manager. Nobody else will even talk to me saying I have to talk to my case manager. The dealer eventually rented me a car but only after I blew up on them. I looked at all 4 of them behind the counter and asked if they enjoyed there drive to work and being able to transport there kids or family around as needed while I the customer am told to have someone pick me up. They offered me a ride to work. I said sure. Can you also pick up my kids from camp later and go to the supermarket for me and oh. I have to get to my elderly fathers to check in on him too. Can you drive me to that? When they suggested I rent a car. I said sure then You can give me my money back for a truck I’m paying for and can’t use. Other wise I cant afford a rental on top of my regular payments. Again blank stare. After I demanded a manager they finally rented me a car on there dime. This is my third ram from them. It will now be my last. I’m a reasonable guy and if this was a 3 year old truck with 40k miles on it. Sure I’ll rent a car with age all cares could have issues. But a one month old 70k truck with 1300 miles on it. I’m not paying a dime to cover there asses!

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Unfortunately some dealers are lacking in customer service, but that could be any auto manufacturer. Most are not auto manufacturer owned, if any, and it depends on the owners of them to enforce common decency, when a defect from a brand new vehicle happens. That one Ram truck I had issue with, that the company owned, had to seek an attorney to get all of his money back to include the service bed for it. They fought him with their own attorney and lost the case. They had to pay back all money invested in the truck as well as pay for the attorney. Needless to say I never went back to the dealer for even my own needs, rude was the norm for them.

ESL12

Reaction score
Unfortunately some dealers are lacking in customer service, but that could be any auto manufacturer. Most are not auto manufacturer owned, if any, and it depends on the owners of them to enforce common decency, when a defect from a brand new vehicle happens. That one Ram truck I had issue with, that the company owned, had to seek an attorney to get all of his money back to include the service bed for it. They fought him with their own attorney and lost the case. They had to pay back all money invested in the truck as well as pay for the attorney. Needless to say I never went back to the dealer for even my own needs, rude was the norm for them.
Yeah I can definitely see that being dealer specific in some cases. This was also corporate customer care too. They were useless. I just picked it up. Time will tell if it’s fixed. They put 50 miles on my truck and couldn’t even out a gallon of gas in it. I didn’t bother complaining about it thought. I don’t care that much but it’s the principle of it all. Anyhoo. I’ll update in a few hundred miles if I make it that long. Good luck all!

Users who are viewing this thread