5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

Skobain

Reaction score
Yes - it is possible that you had contaminated fuel.
Did they provide you with a report from an establishment/lab?
What is the contamination source?
Do you fill up your other cars at the same station? If yes -- do they have any issues?
Call/contact RamCares @ least to document the event.
Unless your dealer's folks are rocket scientists - I would not trust many things they say!
I definitely think it’s a possibility, the odds are just crazy to me.
I was told they’d call me tomorrow when they take a sample because the one they already took has evaporated, but I’m going to call them in the morning to notify me when they plan on taking the fuel sample so I can be present for the task. If the fuel is contaminated there’s not much I’ll be able to do but to pay for a flush of the system; it is what it is. But for being quoted $1200 for that system flush, I want to make sure that’s the problem, seeing as how so many people are having similar issues and the contaminated fuel answer being a ploy used in the past when the actual problem hasn’t been identified.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I definitely think it’s a possibility, the odds are just crazy to me.
I was told they’d call me tomorrow when they take a sample because the one they already took has evaporated, but I’m going to call them in the morning to notify me when they plan on taking the fuel sample so I can be present for the task. If the fuel is contaminated there’s not much I’ll be able to do but to pay for a flush of the system; it is what it is. But for being quoted $1200 for that system flush, I want to make sure that’s the problem, seeing as how so many people are having similar issues and the contaminated fuel answer being a ploy used in the past when the actual problem hasn’t been identified.
If the fuel is contaminated, you will be able to see it in a clear bottle in the sample. There isn't any need for lab reports, anyone that has dealt with bad/contaminated fuel can see it. The fuel station will also have other people with fuel issues, not just you.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Update for mine is they said they took a fuel sample and it was definitely contaminated fuel. Quoting me $1200 to flush the system. I still have a hard time believing this, after having driven so many different cars in so many different countries for the past 12 years, then I just happen to buy a brand new truck and fill it with gas from the same places I always fill up at for the last 5 years since I’ve been at my current location, and all of a sudden contaminated fuel causes my misfires at cylinders 3 and 5, as well as a random misfire. I’m not saying it’s impossible because I’m sure it happens, but with so many others having similar issues as early as 50 miles on their same brand new truck, this is weird.
I agree, it sounds very unlikely, but just in case I would call that station and see if they're getting reports from customers.

I would also ask for that proof that they did actually get a report and ask to see it

Skobain

Reaction score
To be clear, they originally told me there was presence of ‘foreign fluid in the fuel’, so I’m not necessarily sure how easy it would be to see a difference. Unfortunately I’m not an expert on fluids or fluid mechanics but if I should be looking for something in particular with what I’ve said in mind tomorrow when I’m present for the task, please anyone feel free to let me know lol

MT755

Reaction score
Contamination? What about the filter? Fluid getting into the engine? How is this causing the sparkplug to misfire? Is the fluid jumping out of the fuel rail into the computer?

Just my two cents

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To be clear, they originally told me there was presence of ‘foreign fluid in the fuel’, so I’m not necessarily sure how easy it would be to see a difference. Unfortunately I’m not an expert on fluids or fluid mechanics but if I should be looking for something in particular with what I’ve said in mind tomorrow when I’m present for the task, please anyone feel free to let me know lol
Have them provide "known good fuel" and then the "contaminated fuel" you will see the difference, it is almost always easy to see(also smell) the difference.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Contamination? What about the filter? Fluid getting into the engine? How is this causing the sparkplug to misfire? Is the fluid jumping out of the fuel rail into the computer?

Just my two cents
Are you serious? Go dump about 20 gallons of diesel fuel in your tank and see what happens. There is so much more than a spark plug that misfires....

RVTRKN

Reaction score

Just my two cents
Could the new combustion sensor, thats supposed to actually see the gas igniting, be causing contaminated fuel to be seen, that normally would burn with the normal combustion process of an engine without the new sensors?

Cheap gas vrs top brand gas?

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you serious? Go dump about 20 gallons of diesel fuel in your tank and see what happens. There is so much more than a spark plug that misfires....
That's not "contaminated fuel" in my book, that would be filling your tank with diesel! In 25+ years of driving (well above the average miles of most) I've never had an issue due to "contaminated fuel".

How often do you see contaminated fuel at a dealership? I'm betting not very often...

With the issues being posted here, I'd be surprised if fuel is his issue...

Users who are viewing this thread