5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 RAM 1500 BIGHORN 3.0 I HURRICANE twin-turbo, SO, 420HP - check engine light

azzx

Reaction score
Just a thought on trying to narrow down this issue to a "bad batch":
What are your build dates?
Is it possible that your trucks were the first batch rolling down the assembly line?

Remember the first batch of 2019s that were built in June/July of 2018 had major issues with leaking panno roofs, body ground, brake pedal assembly that fell off the track, not passing the crash test, etc. etc.

Mine:
Build date: March 24, 2024

Buy date: May 18, 2024

Finnyatf

Reaction score
Just a thought on trying to narrow down this issue to a "bad batch":
What are your build dates?
Is it possible that your trucks were the first batch rolling down the assembly line?

Remember the first batch of 2019s that were built in June/July of 2018 had major issues with leaking panno roofs, body ground, brake pedal assembly that fell off the track, not passing the crash test, etc. etc.

Mine:
Build date: March 24, 2024

Buy date: May 18, 2024
Mine was built 4/24. Check engine light for multiple misfires 3x with only 1500 miles

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of 4/24s, does the MDH state 0424xx? If not, then it wasn't a 4/24/24 build, but just an April 2024 build.

The MDH will tell you the day...

Screenshot_20240704_143913_Chrome.jpg

azzx

Reaction score
I went to my dealer yesterday to correct a mistake after they installed the brake controller. I talked to the Sr. tech about the reported issues like CEL, he said that he has not dealt with this issue yet, also said that he and the other techs don't have much info about the changes in 2025. I told him that it is hard to believe, There must be factory provided info about the revisions to 2025. He did not say much! My truck is the first 2025 that he has worked on!!
Parts and service departments (mine and 3 other local dealers) have limited knowledge about the 3.0 and other changes in 2025. This was my point to RAM/Stellantis on my long list of complaints to them.

Even though my dealer is strictly a RAM dealer, they have not sold many 2025s. and, this could be true for many local CJDR / RAM dealers nationwide.
Therefore given the inadequate product education and oversight by RAM/Stellantis, many of the dealers/techs are stumped with these types of issues.

Maybe large-volume dealers like Mark Dodge that have the opportunity to work on more 2025s and can provide us with more info.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I went to my dealer yesterday to correct a mistake after they installed the brake controller. I talked to the Sr. tech about the reported issues like CEL, he said that he has not dealt with this issue yet, also said that he and the other techs don't have much info about the changes in 2025. I told him that it is hard to believe, There must be factory provided info about the revisions to 2025. He did not say much! My truck is the first 2025 that he has worked on!!
Parts and service departments (mine and 3 other local dealers) have limited knowledge about the 3.0 and other changes in 2025. This was my point to RAM/Stellantis on my long list of complaints to them.

Even though my dealer is strictly a RAM dealer, they have not sold many 2025s. and, this could be true for many local CJDR / RAM dealers nationwide.
Therefore given the inadequate product education and oversight by RAM/Stellantis, many of the dealers/techs are stumped with these types of issues.

Maybe large-volume dealers like Mark Dodge that have the opportunity to work on more 2025s and can provide us with more info.
I think a lack of continuing ed goes along with poor QA. The entire truck is not different so you’d think even the little guys would be on board given that RAM was showing ‘25 vehicles beginning of year and articles out on the new bus and engines awhile back also. Real professionals are always looking down the road anticipating and planning ahead of potential problems.

azzx

Reaction score
Man - I feel bad for the first customers of limited and tungsten with all of the gadgets/gizmos. It may take 6 - 12 months for the dealers to catch up with an understanding of the tech!
I have a sub-basic big horn, and the Sr. tech had no idea why my non-nav system could not retain the time/date data after the engine shut off.

Posted this issue on another thread, and Jimmy suggested a soft reset. It worked!

Happy July 4th all - Have to go and help the wife/kids to prep for the festivities!

larryinokc

Reaction score
The mfg date on my 25 Ram Big Horn is 3/24, and it's in the shop yet again for the CEL coming on. This is the 6th time it's been in there in three weeks of ownership, and less than 500 miles. Even the general sales manager agreed that maybe Stellantis needs to get involved now, because we're now officially in Oklahoma Lemon Law Territory.

lonepeak

Reaction score
The mfg date on my 25 Ram Big Horn is 3/24, and it's in the shop yet again for the CEL coming on. This is the 6th time it's been in there in three weeks of ownership, and less than 500 miles. Even the general sales manager agreed that maybe Stellantis needs to get involved now, because we're now officially in Oklahoma Lemon Law Territory.
Ya think? That is ridiculous. Stellantis should have been involved by the dealer shop a long time ago, like after the 2nd or 3rd Cel. Obviously the techs don't know the solution and you have to keep bringing vehicle in at your own inconvenience and stress of owning a new vehicle that should be problem free. These folks never put themselves in the owners shoes.

larryinokc

Reaction score
Ya think? That is ridiculous. Stellantis should have been involved by the dealer shop a long time ago, like after the 2nd or 3rd Cel. Obviously the techs don't know the solution and you have to keep bringing vehicle in at your own inconvenience and stress of owning a new vehicle that should be problem free. These folks never put themselves in the owners shoes.
Called on it this morning...we're still in the "diagnosing" phase after 2 days of being on the lift. These guys are clueless, and most probably worthless.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Called on it this morning...we're still in the "diagnosing" phase after 2 days of being on the lift. These guys are clueless, and most probably worthless.

A little devils advocate:

I work in software as I suspect many do.

These things are now rolling Software applications, with the new Ram having probably close to 2 dozen individual networks (idk but the new F150 has about 4 dozen).

In the software world this would be a big release and perfection wouldn’t be expected. When problems arise they’d begetting be seen for the first time, and multi day diagnostics/ triage wouldn’t be unheard of.

We recently had a full global team working around the clock to figure out an issue and it took nearly a week to even identify a problem, say nothing of providing a fix.

My point is I doubt there is a pure and fundamental mechanical issue here (though who knows) but rather the software and systems are not playing nice.

Dealers are even less equipped to diagnose software issues; their job is likely or should be as a liaison to the engineers directly at Stellantis. Who are likely overwhelmed and contributing to the delays and lack of communication.

Like all software issues no doubt it will get fixed. But it’s why o don’t take the first big release of anything right away.

It it won’t be the end of the world for those that do, IF they have proper expectations AND Stellantis figured out quick how to manage those expectations.

All that said…
Other OEMs have managed clean sheet intros with less issues. So idk.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is ********, there is plenty of training and new tech info offered by stellantis. This tech like so many chooses not to do training.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
A little devils advocate:

I work in software as I suspect many do.

These things are now rolling Software applications, with the new Ram having probably close to 2 dozen individual networks (idk but the new F150 has about 4 dozen).

In the software world this would be a big release and perfection wouldn’t be expected. When problems arise they’d begetting be seen for the first time, and multi day diagnostics/ triage wouldn’t be unheard of.

We recently had a full global team working around the clock to figure out an issue and it took nearly a week to even identify a problem, say nothing of providing a fix.

My point is I doubt there is a pure and fundamental mechanical issue here (though who knows) but rather the software and systems are not playing nice.

Dealers are even less equipped to diagnose software issues; their job is likely or should be as a liaison to the engineers directly at Stellantis. Who are likely overwhelmed and contributing to the delays and lack of communication.

Like all software issues no doubt it will get fixed. But it’s why o don’t take the first big release of anything right away.

It it won’t be the end of the world for those that do, IF they have proper expectations AND Stellantis figured out quick how to manage those expectations.

All that said…
Other OEMs have managed clean sheet intros with less issues. So idk.
This might be the problem…….

azzx

Reaction score
This is ********, there is plenty of training and new tech info offered by stellantis. This tech like so many chooses not to do training.
Just curious -- why the hell are techs not forced to be trained on the products they are working on?
With all of my jobs in the past 40 years, if I did not complete the mandatory training, I did not get paid!

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious -- why the hell are techs not forced to be trained on the products they are working on?
With all of my jobs in the past 40 years, if I did not complete the mandatory training, I did not get paid!
It all depends on the dealer group. Each dealer is only required to have so many techs trained in each category. Then their is optional training, like new product info.

It's going to get worse, Stellantis is removing required training. Going to a performance based training. I think it's awful.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Man - I feel bad for the first customers of limited and tungsten with all of the gadgets/gizmos. It may take 6 - 12 months for the dealers to catch up with an understanding of the tech!
I have a sub-basic big horn, and the Sr. tech had no idea why my non-nav system could not retain the time/date data after the engine shut off.

Posted this issue on another thread, and Jimmy suggested a soft reset. It worked!

Happy July 4th all - Have to go and help the wife/kids to prep for the festivities!
Agree that there's pain for early adopters...
What did the clear bra cost and how much does it cover?

azzx

Reaction score
The clear bra (film) covers the entire front-end assembly, Half of the hood. the leading edge of the front fenders
I had it on my 2019 for 5 1/2 years and had zero chips from rocks/gravel and other crap on the road.

I have a guy in Gilbert AZ, who does a great job. It was $1000, a bit of a discount since I am a repeat customer.

azzx

Reaction score
It all depends on the dealer group. Each dealer is only required to have so many techs trained in each category. Then their is optional training, like new product info.

It's going to get worse, Stellantis is removing required training. Going to a performance based training. I think it's awful.
Oh my God, I ran SW divisions for Fortune 500 companies for 30 years, and anytime the idiots above me decided to implement performance-based criteria, the overall performance, and productivity and quality were impacted mostly negatively. the issue is/was who is measuring employee's performance based on half-assed defined criteria by most corporate idiot consultants!
The idea of a performance-based system is good, as usual, effective implementation is where most companies fail!

Sorry - don't mean to go on a tangent, However, the sub-mediocre Stellantis implementing this idea is troublesome.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread