5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Manufacturing Observations

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I just saw a 2025 Big Horn at my local dealership, I was surprised to learn not all 2025 RAMs have digital instrument gauges? It still had the analog gauge with center digital like my 2019. Only for the higher trims I guess, but still stickers at $61K without it and has cloths seats.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I just saw a 2025 Big Horn at my local dealership, I was surprised to learn not all 2025 RAMs have digital instrument gauges? It still had the analog gauge with center digital like my 2019. Only for the higher trims I guess, but still stickers at $61K without it.
If Im correct it could be optioned with it but with all the options you’re getting into Laramie territory.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If Im correct it could be optioned with it but with all the options you’re getting into Laramie territory.

Gotcha, for some reason I thought it became standard. Honestly, makes my truck feel less old knowing their are brand new 2025, fairly well equipped that still have the same gauges as mine :)

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just saw a 2025 Big Horn at my local dealership, I was surprised to learn not all 2025 RAMs have digital instrument gauges? It still had the analog gauge with center digital like my 2019. Only for the higher trims I guess, but still stickers at $61K without it and has cloths seats.
And this is why they aren't selling.

I just built a loaded up Sierra SLT, crew cab, 4x4, leather, sunroof, etc and it stickered at 67k.

Arth

Reaction score
Loaded up Denali I built the other day was 77k
I looked at a Denali in 23 that stickered for 77k with the Duramax. They weren't willing to come off the price. Looked at my Ram limited with a sticker of 82k but they negotiated down to 71k.

This was in May of 23. I don't know if the result would be similar today.

Personally I liked the Denali and would consider one today if I was in the market.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Loaded up Denali I built the other day was 77k
I'd have to get back on my work laptop to see what the Denali was. Obviously, the SLT was missing a few features compared to the Denali, but Ram is pricing themselves out of the market.

Add in Stellantis ownership (foreign) and production issues that we see today, and it'll be no surprise they continue to lose market share.

For once, I'm glad I'm not in the market and no longer doing a new truck every other year, since I rarely drive it.

PetePA

Reaction score
I got my Tungsten for less OTD than the Denali Ultimate

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I briefly owned a 2024 Denali last year. Couple things to compare the two. Ram has nicer power running boards they’re wider so you don’t have to side step on them however, the Denali has a cool feature that allows the running board to move back to the bed for easy bed access. The Denali has more physical buttons which I prefer but ram has the best center console area on the market in my opinion. The Denali has no sunglass holder… small criticism I know, but it’s an 80k truck. The Denali has the best tailgate in the industry in my opinion. However the Denali isn’t very apple carplay or android auto friendly only allowing half the screen to be used so if you want full screen navigation you have to use google maps that’s baked in, but it requires WiFi so once your subscription runs out in 3 years you have to pay for full screen navigation. Also the cherry on top and the reason I am not in the market for a Denali anymore is they really cheaped out on the camera system it’s good during the day but at night it’s literally unusable. Only thing I will miss is the 30mpg I got with the diesel.

Also for the same money for a 2025 ram limited you get heat and cooled rear seats, air suspension , massage seats, full self driving, park assist, passenger screen, smart phone as a key, ram boxes and a 33 gallon tank. Everything I just mentioned are not offered on the Denali and the only feature GMC offers that I mentioned is massage seats and full self driving but you have to pay an extra 10k for that and upgrade to the Denali ultimate.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I briefly owned a 2024 Denali last year. Couple things to compare the two. Ram has nicer power running boards they’re wider so you don’t have to side step on them however, the Denali has a cool feature that allows the running board to move back to the bed for easy bed access. The Denali has more physical buttons which I prefer but ram has the best center console area on the market in my opinion. The Denali has no sunglass holder… small criticism I know, but it’s an 80k truck. The Denali has the best tailgate in the industry in my opinion. However the Denali isn’t very apple carplay or android auto friendly only allowing half the screen to be used so if you want full screen navigation you have to use google maps that’s baked in, but it requires WiFi so once your subscription runs out in 3 years you have to pay for full screen navigation. Also the cherry on top and the reason I am not in the market for a Denali anymore is they really cheaped out on the camera system it’s good during the day but at night it’s literally unusable. Only thing I will miss is the 30mpg I got with the diesel.

Also for the same money for a 2025 ram limited you get heat and cooled rear seats, air suspension , massage seats, full self driving, park assist, passenger screen, smart phone as a key, ram boxes and a 33 gallon tank. Everything I just mentioned are not offered on the Denali and the only feature GMC offers that I mentioned is massage seats and full self driving but you have to pay an extra 10k for that and upgrade to the Denali ultimate.
Why did you get out the 24 so quickly?

dcchris311

Reaction score
136 trucks with the HO are populating on the RAM website inventory search. Quite a nice jump

Pikeman_66

Reaction score

I was unsure whether I wanted to leave a Gm truck when I ordered my Ram. I ran all those same comparisons and came away feeling much better about switching and I might add that Ram gives you a much longer trial subscription to those services that require it than GM by a long shot. that was always a gripe of mine with GM, you spend a lot of money on features built into the truck, but you can't use the ones you would use daily more than 3 months free. Ram does that right in my opinion even though I hate subscriptions to things you paid for in the price of the truck. if it's built in it, it should work free of charge.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was unsure whether I wanted to leave a Gm truck when I ordered my Ram. I ran all those same comparisons and came away feeling much better about switching and I might add that Ram gives you a much longer trial subscription to those services that require it than GM by a long shot. that was always a gripe of mine with GM, you spend a lot of money on features built into the truck, but you can't use the ones you would use daily more than 3 months free. Ram does that right in my opinion even though I hate subscriptions to things you paid for in the price of the truck. if it's built in it, it should work free of charge.
Ram gives you an shorter trial. I had 5 years of remote start/lock/unlock with my Silverado and my Ram was either a 3 or 6 month trial. Same with the gas prices and traffic, was crazy short.
Anything locked behind an subscription is a bad thing, unless it's using resources which you are clearly not paying for such as services that require external infrastructure that your truck could not provide on its own (which isn't much).
GM was really bad with this for trucking some people into trucks without navigation because it would say "onstar" right above it. It was functionally 100% the same as a regular nav truck except for that one word, and that after a trial it would deactivate. I knew this so I made sure my truck properly had nav, but my Camaro did not despite having the hardware for it. So after its trial I lost nav.
The subscription existing is the problem, not how long a free trial may last.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Ram gives you an shorter trial. I had 5 years of remote start/lock/unlock with my Silverado and my Ram was either a 3 or 6 month trial. Same with the gas prices and traffic, was crazy short.
Anything locked behind an subscription is a bad thing, unless it's using resources which you are clearly not paying for such as services that require external infrastructure that your truck could not provide on its own (which isn't much).
GM was really bad with this for trucking some people into trucks without navigation because it would say "onstar" right above it. It was functionally 100% the same as a regular nav truck except for that one word, and that after a trial it would deactivate. I knew this so I made sure my truck properly had nav, but my Camaro did not despite having the hardware for it. So after its trial I lost nav.
The subscription existing is the problem, not how long a free trial may last.
my 21 Silverado LTZ wasn't that long it only had 3 months of all services except the very base connected services which just gave me monthly emails on truck status basically. remote key fob was not part of that base package it was in the 3 month trial. after 3 months everything I used stopped working except Sirus. that's the only sub I will subscribe to because I already had an account for the radio in my bass boat. I did same on nav, I caught the OnStar loophole and made sure I ordered it with nav onboard not OnStar nav. OnStar is outdated and basically irrelevant since cell phones have become so smart in my opinion. back in 2018 when I got that Silverado it had 6 month trials for everything and before that one it had 1 year. you can see the trend with GM since they bought OnStar out a few years back.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
my 21 Silverado LTZ wasn't that long it only had 3 months of all services except the very base connected services which just gave me monthly emails on truck status basically. remote key fob was not part of that base package it was in the 3 month trial. after 3 months everything I used stopped working except Sirus. that's the only sub I will subscribe to because I already had an account for the radio in my bass boat. I did same on nav, I caught the OnStar loophole and made sure I ordered it with nav onboard not OnStar nav. OnStar is outdated and basically irrelevant since cell phones have become so smart in my opinion. back in 2018 when I got that Silverado it had 6 month trials for everything and before that one it had 1 year. you can see the trend with GM since they bought OnStar out a few years back.
I don't know about 2021 model years, but my Silverado LT was a 2018. When I sold it in 2022 I still had the remote strat and gps tracking. I was able to see where the person lived in NH from buying my truck from Carmax in MA. Also was able to start it in the middle of the night at their apartment complex.
Onstar is complete garbage I will agree though.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I don't know about 2021 model years, but my Silverado LT was a 2018. When I sold it in 2022 I still had the remote strat and gps tracking. I was able to see where the person lived in NH from buying my truck from Carmax in MA. Also was able to start it in the middle of the night at their apartment complex.
Onstar is complete garbage I will agree though.
yep, my 18 LTZ had a lot better trial periods I believe that was before GM completed to takeover of OnStar, which used to be their own company. today they are completely under GMs thumb. I think Gm took them over just to try and stretch OnStar's relativity in the Market which to me was a failing business model. but they will use it to push forward their plans for subscription-based options in the future which will fail miserably. I am not about to order a truck with heated seats option then pay them a monthly to use it, they can kiss my rear.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
Im unsure how long the ram trial period is and what exactly is hidden behind a paywall other than the self driving on the highway

Users who are viewing this thread