5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 brochure

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Does the Bighorn have adjustable pedals? I can't remember if what trim that starts with. I have never adjusted them on my Laramie but perhaps that would help?

Yes, my bighorn has them! It's a great idea but unfortunately I have them set to as far back as possible and it doesn't help. Now, if I had a 5 foot wife......

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Found a video of 2025 Bighorn night edition. Nice it comes with fender flares but I see they have added a foot rest/dead pedal. Not sure what that is going to do as far as me fitting in the truck.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
F
Found a video of 2025 Bighorn night edition. Nice it comes with fender flares but I see they have added a foot rest/dead pedal. Not sure what that is going to do as far as me fitting in the truck.

https://www.tiktok.com/video/7335825672293616942
Finally a dead pedal, and wow that video is terrible. When you pause it, it shows ads instead of what i was trying to see.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

https://www.tiktok.com/video/7335825672293616942

That is the best looking Big Horn yet. I really like the new grille and headlights. Nice that it comes with tow hooks from the factory.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That is the best looking Big Horn yet. I really like the new grille and headlights. Nice that it comes with tow hooks from the factory.
The Bighorn was always available with tow hooks if you got the off road group

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The truck in the video doesn't have the ORG.
Judging by the hill decent button below the shifter, it would appear as it does have the ORG as that was part of the ORG package. Unless they have changed things that much in the 2025 models. What did you see to determine it doesn't have the ORG?

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought they hadn’t started production on 2025s yet, how is this on a dealer lot already?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2025 Production is still hanging - apparently there are parts problems. But Ram has build hundreds of pilot vehicles - some are used for testing only, but some are also sent out for demo's. This is likely one of those.

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
I thought they hadn’t started production on 2025s yet, how is this on a dealer lot already?
That isn’t, that’s a media event with preproduction models. You will see a mass amount of videos come out on the 22nd.

JExpedition07

Reaction score
I must say the Hurricane perplexes me. I ended up buying a 2023 F-150 with the 5.0L V8, but I follow all the brands. I am simply a reader once in a while here. I must say I am perplexed at Stellantis’ decision to can the 5.7 Hemi in its entirety. The 3.0 Hurricanes I have seen in the Wagoneers put out more Nox and Carbon emissions per mile than Fords 5.0 V8 in my truck per the EPA stickers I’ve cross referenced. So the emissions seems to be a wash when compared to a modern 32V V8 like the Coyote that’s running a higher static compression. Perhaps the 5.7 polluted more due to the pushrod design? I’m not sure. I admittedly have checked on the emissions of a non e-torque Hemi.

GM and Ford both are signaling hybrid versions of their V8 engines coming. On a recent call Ford CEO said the V-8 program will receive continued investment and that a hybrid version of the 5.0 is “very likely”. GM has launched their hybrid 6.2 as the E-Ray in the Corvette, and we all know the 6th gen small block V8 coming down the pipe for the trucks is likely to be hybridized. In the era of tail end of ICE, the hurricane seems like a weird move. Why not a full series hybrid 5.7 Hemi with a 100 HP E-drive motor on the bell housing? Surely would have been cheaper to develop and easier to package. You can also run leaner AFR’s with the Hemi attached to a real series hybrid. Ford and GM will both be offering a V8 and Turbo motors side by side, seems like they may snatch up some would be Ram customers.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I must say the Hurricane perplexes me. I ended up buying a 2023 F-150 with the 5.0L V8, but I follow all the brands. I am simply a reader once in a while here. I must say I am perplexed at Stellantis’ decision to can the 5.7 Hemi in its entirety. The 3.0 Hurricanes I have seen in the Wagoneers put out more Nox and Carbon emissions per mile than Fords 5.0 V8 in my truck per the EPA stickers I’ve cross referenced. So the emissions seems to be a wash when compared to a modern 32V V8 like the Coyote that’s running a higher static compression. Perhaps the 5.7 polluted more due to the pushrod design? I’m not sure. I admittedly have checked on the emissions of a non e-torque Hemi.

GM and Ford both are signaling hybrid versions of their V8 engines coming. On a recent call Ford CEO said the V-8 program will receive continued investment and that a hybrid version of the 5.0 is “very likely”. GM has launched their hybrid 6.2 as the E-Ray in the Corvette, and we all know the 6th gen small block V8 coming down the pipe for the trucks is likely to be hybridized. In the era of tail end of ICE, the hurricane seems like a weird move. Why not a full series hybrid 5.7 Hemi with a 100 HP E-drive motor on the bell housing? Surely would have been cheaper to develop and easier to package. You can also run leaner AFR’s with the Hemi attached to a real series hybrid. Ford and GM will both be offering a V8 and Turbo motors side by side, seems like they may snatch up some would be Ram customers.
The only reason to keep the V8 is to appease the V8 purists who refuse to give up that V8 sound.

JExpedition07

Reaction score
The only reason to keep the V8 is to appease the V8 purists who refuse to give up that V8 sound.
What about how much easier it is to package V-8 to a series hybrid? You can bolt up a much bigger/stronger electric motor to a V-8 powertrain than an I-6 due to length of packaging. A V-8 can also run leaner AFR’s, meaning with E-Assist will likely pollute less than a forced induction 6 cylinder (and be more powerful as a package).

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What about how much easier it is to package V-8 to a series hybrid? You can bolt up a much bigger/stronger electric motor to a V-8 powertrain than an I-6 due to length of packaging. A V-8 can also run leaner AFR’s, meaning with E-Assist will likely pollute less than a forced induction 6 cylinder (and be more powerful as a package).
Have you not seen the Ramcharger? Why do you need a big V8, when you can use the V6 and get better fuel economy with less emissions?

pensfan

Reaction score
The Night Edition masks the nostrils better. Are we sure this isn't the built to serve version. That was the only BH that came with fender flares. Also the wheels look like the BTS version.
In the PDF with the specs for the BH, that was posted in either this thread or another, fender flares are not listed as part of the Night Package.
"RAM" GRILLE BADGE - BLACK (ME6)
+ 20X9.0 ALUMINUM PAINTED CLAD WHEELS (WRN)
+ 275/55R20 OWL ALL SEASON TIRES (TUB)
+ 4 WAY FRONT HEADRESTS (CDP)
+ ACCENT COLOR DOOR HANDLES (MNV)
+ ACCENT COLOR PREMIUM POWER MIRRORS (GT4) - W/A63
+ ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)
+ AUTO DIM EXTERIOR DRIVER MIRROR (GNZ)
+ AUTO POWER-FOLDING MIRRORS (LFF)
+ BLACK EXTERIOR BADGING - TRUCKS (M17)
+ BLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS (MFA)
+ BLACK INTERIOR ACCENTS (XS4)
+ BLACK PAINTED EXTERIOR MIRROR CAPS (LE7)
+ BLACK TAIL LAMP BEZELS (LTG)
+ BODY COLOR FRONT BUMPER (MBP)
+ BODY COLOR REAR BUMPER W/STEP PADS (MBQ)
+ BRIDGESTONE BRAND TIRES (TZB)
+ BUCKET SEATS (CAC)
+ CENTER CONSOLE PARTS MODULE (X8S)
+ CONVEX WIDE-ANGLE EXT MIRROR INSERT (LES)
+ DELUXE CLOTH BUCKET SEAT (*T9)
+ DRIVER SEAT - POWER ADJUST 8-WAY (JVG)
+ DUAL EXHAUST WITH BLACK TIPS (NEP) - W/O ERG
+ EXT. MIRRORS W/SUPPLEMENTAL SIGNALS (LEB)
+ EXTERIOR MIRRORS COURTESY LAMPS (LEC)
+ EXTERIOR MIRRORS W/HEATING ELEMENT (NHJ)
+ FRONT SEAT BACK MAP POCKETS (CSM)
+ FRT PASS SEAT - MANUAL ADJUST 4-WAY (JWA)
+ FULL LENGTH FLOOR CONSOLE (CUF)
+ GRILLE BLACK SURROUND BLACK MESH (MFF)
+ POWER 2-WAY DRIVER LUMBAR ADJUST (JPE)
+ REAR 60/40 FOLDING SEAT (CFN)
+ REAR CENTER ARMREST (CSK)
+ THREE REAR SEAT HEAD RESTRAINTS (CSH)
If indeed flares are now part of the pack, that is a plus. Now if only they would give the BH the option of a power passenger seat.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Night Edition masks the nostrils better. Are we sure this isn't the built to serve version. That was the only BH that came with fender flares. Also the wheels look like the BTS version.
In the PDF with the specs for the BH, that was posted in either this thread or another, fender flares are not listed as part of the Night Package.
"RAM" GRILLE BADGE - BLACK (ME6)
+ 20X9.0 ALUMINUM PAINTED CLAD WHEELS (WRN)
+ 275/55R20 OWL ALL SEASON TIRES (TUB)
+ 4 WAY FRONT HEADRESTS (CDP)
+ ACCENT COLOR DOOR HANDLES (MNV)
+ ACCENT COLOR PREMIUM POWER MIRRORS (GT4) - W/A63
+ ANTI-SPIN DIFFERENTIAL REAR AXLE (DSA)
+ AUTO DIM EXTERIOR DRIVER MIRROR (GNZ)
+ AUTO POWER-FOLDING MIRRORS (LFF)
+ BLACK EXTERIOR BADGING - TRUCKS (M17)
+ BLACK HEADLAMP BEZELS (MFA)
+ BLACK INTERIOR ACCENTS (XS4)
+ BLACK PAINTED EXTERIOR MIRROR CAPS (LE7)
+ BLACK TAIL LAMP BEZELS (LTG)
+ BODY COLOR FRONT BUMPER (MBP)
+ BODY COLOR REAR BUMPER W/STEP PADS (MBQ)
+ BRIDGESTONE BRAND TIRES (TZB)
+ BUCKET SEATS (CAC)
+ CENTER CONSOLE PARTS MODULE (X8S)
+ CONVEX WIDE-ANGLE EXT MIRROR INSERT (LES)
+ DELUXE CLOTH BUCKET SEAT (*T9)
+ DRIVER SEAT - POWER ADJUST 8-WAY (JVG)
+ DUAL EXHAUST WITH BLACK TIPS (NEP) - W/O ERG
+ EXT. MIRRORS W/SUPPLEMENTAL SIGNALS (LEB)
+ EXTERIOR MIRRORS COURTESY LAMPS (LEC)
+ EXTERIOR MIRRORS W/HEATING ELEMENT (NHJ)
+ FRONT SEAT BACK MAP POCKETS (CSM)
+ FRT PASS SEAT - MANUAL ADJUST 4-WAY (JWA)
+ FULL LENGTH FLOOR CONSOLE (CUF)
+ GRILLE BLACK SURROUND BLACK MESH (MFF)
+ POWER 2-WAY DRIVER LUMBAR ADJUST (JPE)
+ REAR 60/40 FOLDING SEAT (CFN)
+ REAR CENTER ARMREST (CSK)
+ THREE REAR SEAT HEAD RESTRAINTS (CSH)
If indeed flares are now part of the pack, that is a plus. Now if only they would give the BH the option of a power passenger seat.
There is no 2025 Built to Serve

JExpedition07

Reaction score
Have you not seen the Ramcharger? Why do you need a big V8, when you can use the V6 and get better fuel economy with less emissions?
The RamCharger is intriguing, I am curious to see what they do in the world. As far as need, no need. I’m just an American, and I think as many other Americans do….like a V-8. Options are good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online