5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 brochure

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I am in a flat area as well, getting over 20 in city driving, commuting to work. I do drive sensibly (like a grandpa), coasting to stops, accelerating smoothly and not using Auto-Start very much. I have been told my trustworthy mechanics that Auto-Start puts a lot of wear and tear on the starter motor. Not much highway driving, but I can guess I would get MPG in the mid to high 20s. Towing will be a different animal...
You may be as far as city driving goes.
My 2019 Limited 4x got 17-18 city with the 3.21 and not many options. Highway at 65 was 22 or 23. Flat roads with no winds, stock tires/wheels.

Now the 2023 same basic truck with 3.92 gears on the same roads and speeds is 15 ish city and 18.6 highway. Big hit on mileage but then I didn't buy it for that.

GARebel19

Reaction score
I like the new Rebel wheels. I should be due for new tires this year. Hope I can find a set of take off's when they come out.

Sterno90

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Why does only the Laramie and Limited get a Night Eddtion and the Rebel doesn't? I am glad to see the GT package back for the Rebel though. I want the night edition.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Am I missing something? Why does only the Laramie and Limited get a Night Eddtion and the Rebel doesn't? I am glad to see the GT package back for the Rebel though. I want the night edition.
I mean the GT edition is a complete joke now.
Limiteds get the HO engine, so the GT is legit going to be a slower truck LOL.
Ram doesn't know wtf is going on and what people want.

Dewey

Reaction score
Yep. GT should be an automatic HO upgrade.

Sterno90

Reaction score
I agree, The main reason I wanted the GT package on the 2024 and previous model years was for the air intake, exhaust, and the TRX style shifter. Now I guess I want it for the seat and TRX style shifter. I was sadly not in a position to get my RAM before they shut dow production/ordering of the 2024s

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now? There was never anything "performance" about the GT package before. It was all cosmetics. It's not like you got an extra 20 hp from the exhaust and CAI. And most owners never popped the hood to show off the RamAir. Most people only got the GT for the console shifter anywaysn.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Now? There was never anything "performance" about the GT package before. It was all cosmetics. It's not like you got an extra 20 hp from the exhaust and CAI. And most owners never popped the hood to show off the RamAir. Most people only got the GT for the console shifter anywaysn.
Yes but it wasn't a downgrade.
Now it's a legit a downgrade compared to other standard 1500 trims (trx didn't count).
They never offered the GT package on a Limited or else I would of got it for the console shifter, so that means a a GT 2025 is going to slower (not the same) then half of the trim options which makes no sense to me.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes but it wasn't a downgrade.
Now it's a legit a downgrade compared to other standard 1500 trims (trx didn't count).
They never offered the GT package on a Limited or else I would of got it for the console shifter, so that means a a GT 2025 is going to slower (not the same) then half of the trim options which makes no sense to me.
But the GT package was never about performance.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
When you're wrong, you're way wrong.
I counted the work performance 11 times on this single page from Ram's official page for the GT trim. They also use other words like maximize power generation.
2023 Ram 1500 G/T Special Editions | Laramie® & Rebel®

2023 RAM 1500 LARAMIE® G/T AND REBEL® G/T​

Designed with performance-driven features, these two G/T models supply the adrenaline you crave with the power you expect.

PERFORMANCE-FOCUSED INTERIOR​

Change gears quickly with the performance-focused paddle shifters behind the leather-wrapped steering wheel. Paired with the console-mounted leather-wrapped floor shifter, the two models are prepared to kick it into high gear.
Display
Paddle Shifters
Display
Performance Floor Shifter

CHECK YOUR STATS​

Customizable performance pages, including 0-60 time, g-force, vehicle dynamics and engine performance help you curate the experience to your specific taste.

Sport Performance Hood​

With built-in airflow features, the sport performance hood helps keep engine temperature low and performance high.

Mopar® Cold Air Intake​

Under the hood, you’ll find a massive cold air intake, designed to maximize power generation.

Passive Cold-End Exhaust​

A Cold-End Exhaust system ensures optimal breathability for impressive performance and sound.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
When you're wrong, you're way wrong.
I counted the work performance 11 times on this single page from Ram's official page for the GT trim. They also use other words like maximize power generation.
2023 Ram 1500 G/T Special Editions | Laramie® & Rebel®

2023 RAM 1500 LARAMIE® G/T AND REBEL® G/T​

Designed with performance-driven features, these two G/T models supply the adrenaline you crave with the power you expect.

PERFORMANCE-FOCUSED INTERIOR​

Change gears quickly with the performance-focused paddle shifters behind the leather-wrapped steering wheel. Paired with the console-mounted leather-wrapped floor shifter, the two models are prepared to kick it into high gear.
Display
Paddle Shifters
Display
Performance Floor Shifter

CHECK YOUR STATS​

Customizable performance pages, including 0-60 time, g-force, vehicle dynamics and engine performance help you curate the experience to your specific taste.

Sport Performance Hood​

With built-in airflow features, the sport performance hood helps keep engine temperature low and performance high.

Mopar® Cold Air Intake​

Under the hood, you’ll find a massive cold air intake, designed to maximize power generation.

Passive Cold-End Exhaust​

A Cold-End Exhaust system ensures optimal breathability for impressive performance and sound.
But yet it has the same HP/TQ numbers as any other Hemi Ram. Using marketing words doesn't actually give you better performance. If the GT package was actually meant to give you better performance, they would be bragging about more HP, better 0-60 times....... But they don't because it's all marketing hype for an appearance package

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
But yet it has the same HP/TQ numbers as any other Hemi Ram. Using marketing words doesn't actually give you better performance. If the GT package was actually meant to give you better performance, they would be bragging about more HP, better 0-60 times....... But they don't because it's all marketing hype for an appearance package
Having that cold air intake and exhaust along with manual shifting abillty does increase the preformance.
It's not going to make it a speed demon.
Are you saying that that Ramair, exhaust system, and sports shifting mode makes it a worse performing truck then an regular 1500?

I'm not saying they hit a run with the GT package, but it was about performance even if it fell flat (where's the SRT at???)
Now the GT package will be reduced performance compared to other 1500s. became it's only on the trims that get the smaller engine.
In past years the engine choices were the same on all 1500s and they little by little removed options for some trims but as far as speed was concerned all 1500s got the "fastest" offered engine on any 1500, the 5.7.

You are not allowed to pay extra to get the HO on the Laramie GT, let alone it being part of the GT package which it should be.

Dewey

Reaction score
Remember back in the 80’s when everyone thought the Mustang GT was the fastest option? Actually the bare bones LX with the same powertrain was the real sleeper and had no problems beating the GT in all performance specs. This is nothing new across all manufacturers. It’s all about marketing. People buy a GT thinking they have the high performance option. Sadly that’s rarely the case.

BowDown

Reaction score
Having that cold air intake and exhaust along with manual shifting abillty does increase the preformance.
It's not going to make it a speed demon.
Are you saying that that Ramair, exhaust system, and sports shifting mode makes it a worse performing truck then an regular 1500?

I'm not saying they hit a run with the GT package, but it was about performance even if it fell flat (where's the SRT at???)
Now the GT package will be reduced performance compared to other 1500s. became it's only on the trims that get the smaller engine.
In past years the engine choices were the same on all 1500s and they little by little removed options for some trims but as far as speed was concerned all 1500s got the "fastest" offered engine on any 1500, the 5.7.

You are not allowed to pay extra to get the HO on the Laramie GT, let alone it being part of the GT package which it should be.

Having cold air and manual shifting only increase performance if the standard air intake was an air restriction and the preprogramed shift points were hindering performance. Neither are true hence no performance increase.
The GT is about appearing to have performance, like wings and spoilers on imports that have 120hp. I personally never looked at the GT as more than an appearance package with zero actual performance improvement.

I do not agree with RAMs new strategy as it only benefits them not the consumer, looks like they are modeling Toyota's plan. The IForce Max is only available in 1794 rim and higher and the TURD Pro and the Capstone only offer the IForce max with 4wd.

Ram following this model will most likely cause me to hold onto my 2020 longer than I anticipated unless Ram revises their options list on Limited and higher trims; I will not pay for options I do not want or need

BowDown

Reaction score
Remember back in the 80’s when everyone thought the Mustang GT was the fastest option? Actually the bare bones LX with the same powertrain was the real sleeper and had no problems beating the GT in all performance specs. This is nothing new across all manufacturers. It’s all about marketing. People buy a GT thinking they have the high performance option. Sadly that’s rarely the case.

Appearance vs real performance improvements. LX's were about 300lbs lighter than the GTs; with the Ram 1500, there's not enough weight disparity between the trims for there to be much of a performance advantage for the GT.

Around Christmas, I happen to catch a light with a Ram 1500 4x4 Laramie with 3.92's; light turned green and it was a race. He got a 1/4 truck jump as I was waiting for him to go. He maintained that 1/4 truck lead all the way to fuel cutoff. Had I been in a same trim truck but with 3.21's I may have been able to gain ground but it wouldn't have been a blow out like a GT vs an LX.

Users who are viewing this thread