5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 brochure

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Having that cold air intake and exhaust along with manual shifting abillty does increase the preformance.
It's not going to make it a speed demon.
Are you saying that that Ramair, exhaust system, and sports shifting mode makes it a worse performing truck then an regular 1500?

I'm not saying they hit a run with the GT package, but it was about performance even if it fell flat (where's the SRT at???)
Now the GT package will be reduced performance compared to other 1500s. became it's only on the trims that get the smaller engine.
In past years the engine choices were the same on all 1500s and they little by little removed options for some trims but as far as speed was concerned all 1500s got the "fastest" offered engine on any 1500, the 5.7.

You are not allowed to pay extra to get the HO on the Laramie GT, let alone it being part of the GT package which it should be.
How exactly do the paddle shifters increase performance? The engine doesn't gain any extra HP from "manual" shifting and automatic transmission. Is there documented proof the GT model is somehow quicker/faster than an non-GT? Also there are no HP increases claimed with the RamAir or exhaust on the GT.

And I never said it made it worse. You can stop putting words in my mouth to try and discredit my points.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Look at the current Challenger GT and Durango GT both with the Pentastar V6. Enough said. They’re clueless. Nothing special about either one.

Actually GT stands for Grand Tourer. It has nothing to do with performance even though we all think of it that way.

Last edited:

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think the main problem is Ram's marketing. They use the word "performance", and it's just feel-good stuff (not actual performance). Like taping a playing card in the spokes of your bicycle. Sounds cool, but doesn't make the bike go faster.
A CAI and exhaust help with airflow (in and out), but doesn't make a meaningful difference without several other mods to take advantage of the additional throughput.

BowDown

Reaction score
I think the main problem is Ram's marketing. They use the word "performance", and it's just feel-good stuff (not actual performance). Like taping a playing card in the spokes of your bicycle. Sounds cool, but doesn't make the bike go faster.
A CAI and exhaust help with airflow (in and out), but doesn't make a meaningful difference without several other mods to take advantage of the additional throughput.

I don't know if its a problem per se, I believe they are intentionally using the term for that segment of buyer that will buy it simply for the perceived performance of the word "performance". The people that put performance stickers on their windows after buying a part crowd

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I mean a Laramie GT wasn't slower then a Limited non GT.
But now a Laramie GT will be much slower than a Limited non GT.

At least when they claimed it had more performance it did (even if almost unmeasurable) against it's own model
Now it's just a measurable false claim.

Look at the current Challenger GT and Durango GT both with the Pentastar V6. Enough said. They’re clueless. Nothing special about either one.

Actually GT stands for Grand Tourer. It’s has nothing to do with performance even though we all think of it that way.
I can only speak for Ram, and Ram did not allow a GT model to have a v6, only a v8 and it also required 3.92 gears.
I linked the page for GT, it's all marketed as performance, not once does it have the word "Gran Tourer" anywhere on it.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I mean a Laramie GT wasn't slower then a Limited non GT.
But now a Laramie GT will be much slower than a Limited non GT.

At least when they claimed it had more performance it did (even if almost unmeasurable) against it's own model
Now it's just a measurable false claim.

I can only speak for Ram, and Ram did not allow a GT model to have a v6, only a v8 and it also required 3.92 gears.
I linked the page for GT, it's all marketed as performance, not once does it have the word "Gran Tourer" anywhere on it.
Yeah, let's go through the page for the GT.

2023 RAM 1500 LARAMIE® G/T AND REBEL® G/T​

Designed with performance-driven features, these two G/T models supply the adrenaline you crave with the power you expect.

Performance "driven".

PERFORMANCE-FOCUSED INTERIOR

Change gears quickly with the performance-focused paddle shifters behind the leather-wrapped steering wheel. Paired with the console-mounted leather-wrapped floor shifter, the two models are prepared to kick it into high gear.
Display
Paddle Shifters
Display
Performance Floor Shifter

Performance "focused" paddle shifters that add no actual performance. They just give you the impression of it. Kind of like the throttle booster's

Is it a console shifter or a floor shifter. It's not both. And not sure what a floor shifter has to do with performance. It's just marketing hype.

CHECK YOUR STATS

Customizable performance pages, including 0-60 time, g-force, vehicle dynamics and engine performance help you curate the experience to your specific taste.

Just a way to see how slow these trucks really are

Sport Performance Hood

With built-in airflow features, the sport performance hood helps keep engine temperature low and performance high.

The hood does nothing to increase or even assist performance. What "features" does it have over the standard hood to help airflow? The plastic hood vents aren't even open

Mopar® Cold Air Intake

Under the hood, you’ll find a massive cold air intake, designed to maximize power generation.

Passive Cold-End Exhaust​

A Cold-End Exhaust system ensures optimal breathability for impressive performance and sound.

If either of these actually increased the performance any little bit you can be sure Ram would be touting numbers in their advertising. Instead we will just make buyers think they help because it helps us sell them. If we tell them enough times that it's a performance truck, they will believe it. Seems it worked on you.

Dewey

Reaction score
The Ram GT is actually a poor man’s TRX.😆

I even heard them referred to as a baby TRX🙄

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to see them all in person, but it appears that the bighorn and tradesman are reduced in looks whereas the rebel has improved; all in my opinion of course.
The notrils are less noticeable on the Blacked out grills. Few more pictures of the Tradesman and Big Horn on the Stalantis Work Vehicle Site.

1704810449755.png

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
I Don’t know if anyone has noticed or commented on this but I noticed in one of the brochures that the rear leg room numbers have gone down. It shows best in class rear legroom at 44.8“. The rear legroom numbers from the past years was 45.2”. Does this mean that they may have increased the front legroom? It’s been something I hated on the rams is front legroom is less than other brands.

Attachments

• IMG_1695.png
    IMG_1695.png
    246.2 KB · Views: 18

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I Don’t know if anyone has noticed or commented on this but I noticed in one of the brochures that the rear leg room numbers have gone down. It shows best in class rear legroom at 44.8“. The rear legroom numbers from the past years was 45.2”. Does this mean that they may have increased the front legroom? It’s been something I hated on the rams is front legroom is less than other brands.
I'm 6'5", my wife is 6'3", and have zero issues with front leg room. Added the seat jackers, and actually have scooted my seat up some.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Possibly or could be something related to haveing speakers on the back of the front seats in the Tungsten which takes up some space. The front leg room is the one thing I hate about the Ram being I'm 6'8" tall. Every other brand I've tested has more leg room.

pensfan

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to pictures of the different wheels available on the Laramie and Big Horn, especially the 20" wheels.

Phoon

Reaction score
Do you actually find the front leg room limited or you just find the number smaller than other trucks? I have never noticed it being limited on leg room with the seat slid right back....

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
Do you actually find the front leg room limited or you just find the number smaller than other trucks? I have never noticed it being limited on leg room with the seat slid right back....
I found it to be a bit lacking. On both the Rams I have had I had to put the power driver seat all the way back and all the way down to maximize the legroom. That worked well for me, though I hated having to sit lower in the seat to get that legroom. Granted, I am close to 6’4 with longer legs. I had a 2016 f150 with a manual seat and with it all the way back I had plenty of legroom. I even had test drove a 2019 silverado and had tons of front legroom. I just wished the Ram had one more inch of legroom and it would be perfect.

silver billet

Reaction score
I could use more leg room as well. Mainly it's that the pedals are too close even with my seat all the way back, I find it cramps my ankles a little bit on longer drives. My Jeep was the same way, seems to be par for FCA products. My previous cars were pontiacs and they had more room.

I can definitely make it work, but won't complain if the movable pedals could move farther back, even another inch would be great.

At least in the Ram there is no left foot rest, can't stand that for the same reason. GM's put that rest in there and its very uncomfortable.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I could use more leg room as well. Mainly it's that the pedals are too close even with my seat all the way back, I find it cramps my ankles a little bit on longer drives. My Jeep was the same way, seems to be par for FCA products. My previous cars were pontiacs and they had more room.

I can definitely make it work, but won't complain if the movable pedals could move farther back, even another inch would be great.

At least in the Ram there is no left foot rest, can't stand that for the same reason. GM's put that rest in there and its very uncomfortable.
Could always switch to different shoes, or take shoes off when driving. That's probably part of the reason I have no issues with leg room. I wear Vibram Five Finger shoes, or flip flops depending on season or occasion. I slide my feet out of the flip flops and drive barefoot when wearing them. With the toe shoes, it's almost like not wearing shoes. Easy to move my feet around or under the pedals. I'd say they are good for almost two extra inches of foot room

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Does the Bighorn have adjustable pedals? I can't remember if what trim that starts with. I have never adjusted them on my Laramie but perhaps that would help?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Some other FCA vehicles are great for legroom. The Durango is probably the vehicle I've tried for leg room, the Chargers have a good bit as well.

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
Does the Bighorn have adjustable pedals? I can't remember if what trim that starts with. I have never adjusted them on my Laramie but perhaps that would help?
I think on the 2024 you get them on a level B Big Horn, on the 2025 you get it on the level 1 big horn

Users who are viewing this thread