5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 brochure

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So is the longhorn now under the limited trim vs the Laramie trim?
Despite the Laramie Longhorn name, it has always had equal content/features as the Limited; minus the air suspension.

They rebranded it Limited Longhorn a few model years ago since the Laramie name was misleading.

dajogejr

Reaction score
Despite the Laramie Longhorn name, it has always had equal content/features as the Limited; minus the air suspension.

They rebranded it Limited Longhorn a few model years ago since the Laramie name was misleading.

Correct me if I’m mistaken Ivory.
AS was an option for Laramie and Longhorn, but standard on Limited as I recall?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wow... that's 300 lb. over my Longhorn's! What gives? Lack of the silly panoramic? Does the air suspension actually raise the payload?
Per Ram’s specs, the power sunroof adds:
19.04 lbs to the front axle
14.13 lbs to the rear axle
Total of 33.17 lbs
Not really a significant add

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Per Ram’s specs, the power sunroof adds:
19.04 lbs to the front axle
14.13 lbs to the rear axle
Total of 33.17 lbs
Not really a significant add
That document has weights for DS not DT. So that 33 lbs is for the old small sunroof not the large pano

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wow... that's 300 lb. over my Longhorn's! What gives? Lack of the silly panoramic? Does the air suspension actually raise the payload?

I have 1750 pounds of payload in my level 2 bighorn. I have yet to figure out which options to add to get from there to 1200 or less, boggles the mind.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That document has weights for DS not DT. So that 33 lbs is for the old small sunroof not the large pano
No, it’s from the 2019 DT Options/Weights document.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No, it’s from the 2019 DT Options/Weights document.
I assume you’re referring to this document that’s labeled DT…
IMG_1871.png

It also shows 65RFE trans, 32 gallon tank and no MFT option. This is DS document that’s mislabeled.

Jamesalan98

Reaction score

it makes sense to dump the Longhorn as its own trim. Plus, I rarely saw many Longhorns on the lot, whereas I saw many more Limited trims on lots. I think making the Longhorn an option might make it more popular.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
it makes sense to dump the Longhorn as its own trim. Plus, I rarely saw many Longhorns on the lot, whereas I saw many more Limited trims on lots. I think making the Longhorn an option might make it more popular.
With thay attitude may as well drop all the trims except 2. Keep Tradesman and Laramie and just let people choose packages.

The inside on a Longhorn are different colors and looks different then a limited on stuff like the Center console.

It's pretty easy to see a longhorn is between a Laramie and limited on the website for years whether it says Laramie or Limited before it.

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
With thay attitude may as well drop all the trims

Yes. I'm a fan of this, let me pick each individual option without packages. The problem is that's not as financially lucrative as they make a killing charging for stuff that people didn't want but got because it was part of a package for stuff they did want. And also there might manufacturing efficiencies by grouping stuff together.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One could argue that trucks sit on a lot because they’re less popular than the ones already sold ;)

I’m just kidding. Truth be told, I’m very pleased that I don’t see my own truck on the road every day. It feels like I see as many TRXs as Longhorns these days…

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
One could argue that trucks sit on a lot because they’re less popular than the ones already sold ;)

I’m just kidding. Truth be told, I’m very pleased that I don’t see my own truck on the road every day. It feels like I see as many TRXs as Longhorns these days…
Well, that stands to logic. There have been more TRX's made than Longhorns. At least for MY2024 (4401 TRX's vs. 3059 Longhorns). And MY2023 (10452 TRX's vs. 6874 Longhorns). Probably the same 2022 and 2021 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread