5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 brochure

CJC66

Reaction score
i live in a pretty flat area. with stock tires 5.7 liter and 2wd am i the only 1 getting 23/24 highway with the cruse set at 68?
I am in a flat area as well, getting over 20 in city driving, commuting to work. I do drive sensibly (like a grandpa), coasting to stops, accelerating smoothly and not using Auto-Start very much. I have been told my trustworthy mechanics that Auto-Start puts a lot of wear and tear on the starter motor. Not much highway driving, but I can guess I would get MPG in the mid to high 20s. Towing will be a different animal...

Av1

Reaction score
I am in a flat area as well, getting over 20 in city driving, commuting to work. I do drive sensibly (like a grandpa), coasting to stops, accelerating smoothly and not using Auto-Start very much. I have been told my trustworthy mechanics that Auto-Start puts a lot of wear and tear on the starter motor. Not much highway driving, but I can guess I would get MPG in the mid to high 20s. Towing will be a different animal...
Trustworthy mechanic? He needs to learn how the ETorque works.

Just busting your chops. :)

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Trustworthy mechanic? He needs to learn how the ETorque works.

Just busting your chops. :)
You're not wrong. The starter motor is not engaged on start/stops only on a cold start.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Very disappointed in 1200lbs less towing and 30lbs less payload? I mean, once you get over 10000lbs, you should probably be stepping up to a HD if you tow that weight on a regular basis.
Losing significantly more than 30 lbs of payload with HO. You’re looking at SO

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Compare the HO payload to what a Limited Hemi has for payload. The chart doesn't show that.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
According to this post, the HO has more payload than a Limited with a Hemi.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231224-124105.png
    Screenshot_20231224-124105.png
    167.3 KB · Views: 17

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would have to, right?

The cast iron block has been 86’d, and I doubt they’re making any suspension changes.

So I expected feature for feature the 5.1 Gen to have better payload?

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
According to this post, the HO has more payload than a Limited with a Hemi.
Not enough information to make a comparison. Is his ‘23 a zero option Limited? It doesn’t say.

Ram lists maximum trim payload with no options. So 1,370 lbs is the best you can hope for with the HO if you don’t add any options. Start checking boxes and it will fall from there.

On the bright side, not offering eTorque with the Hurricane gets a nice chunk of payload capacity back that the Hemi was strapped with.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not enough information to make a comparison. Is his ‘23 a zero option Limited? It doesn’t say.

Ram lists maximum trim payload with no options. So 1,370 lbs is the best you can hope for with the HO if you don’t add any options. Start checking boxes and it will fall from there.

On the bright side, not offering eTorque with the Hurricane gets a nice chunk of payload capacity back that the Hemi was strapped with.
It's a better comparison than the people trying to compare the Hemi Tradesman bare bones payload to the listed HO payload that we know for fact is only available in higher trim levels .

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's a better comparison than the people trying to compare the Hemi Tradesman bare bones payload to the listed HO payload that we know for fact is only available in higher trim levels .
We also know for a fact that a no-option Limited Hemi had 1500+ lbs payload.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We also know for a fact that a no-option Limited Hemi had 1500+ lbs payload.
This entire thread contradicts your comment. Not a single Limited payload mentioned in that thread is close to 1500+ lbs

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This entire thread contradicts your comment. Not a single Limited payload mentioned in that thread is close to 1500+ lbs

That thread supports my comment. Again, not a single truck there without optional equipment.

The closest comparison on there is Zeronet’s truck with 1,479 lbs of payload… dropping the optional 33g tank for the standard 26g saves 42 lbs which would put it over 1,500 lbs

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That thread supports my comment. Again, not a single truck there without optional equipment.

The closest comparison on there is Zeronet’s truck with 1,479 lbs of payload… dropping the optional 33g tank for the standard 26g saves 42 lbs which would put it over 1,500 lbs
You haven't shown me a single piece of proof that shows any Limited that has 1500+lb payload.

And Zeronet has a Longhorn, not a Limited.

Users who are viewing this thread