5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 brochure

Wellingtontx

Reaction score
Call me crazy, I will take a 2023 Rebel over the 2025. For me the non 2025 models look meaner, tougher and more rugged. Just my humble old man opinion.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah, there will always be places where gas is stupid expensive and then some that are pretty reasonable. Right now, the average is about 50¢ a gallon difference.

View attachment 172792
These numbers really mean nothing. It will require premium which is x more expensive then regular and you get the same mpg so it's more expensive on gas when it comes down to it then a regular v8.

Triton63

Reaction score
Also was at the Ram dealer yesterday and they are scared to death that Ram has eliminated an entire purchasing segment with elimination of the V8.
I think they have a right to be scared. I do think that there is a market for the i6 and it will likely be fast/quiet but clearly there is a big chunk of buyers that like v8's, heck I've had 3 Hemi's in the last ten years and will likely buy another. I've met quite a few ford owners that ordered a truck with the coyote 5.0. Could be a marketing strategy to bring back a next gen v8 as an option... fingers crossed lol

Av1

Reaction score
The i6 is going to be a great engine I'd imagine, and I don't mind my trucks being quiet for how I use them.

I do, however, think there are going to be a lot of folks who hate the way the i6 sounds, for good reason.

People love to mod these trucks for personal taste and installing a good sounding V8 exhaust is a huge part of that.

I do the same on other vehicles, so I get it.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wondering how much longer the 6.4 will be available in the 2500? Will it eventually be replaced by the Hurricane as well? Anybody hear anything on this?

I’m seriously considering a 2500 for my next truck if the 6.4 is still available to order in the future.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wondering how much longer the 6.4 will be available in the 2500? Will it eventually be replaced by the Hurricane as well? Anybody hear anything on this?

I’m seriously considering a 2500 for my next truck if the 6.4 is still available to order in the future.
I don’t think there’s anything to worry about. The larger trucks don’t fall under the same emissions requirements, so there’s not a lot of pressure there.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Saw this this morning. First time I've seen sub-$3 in a while, but I drove further out than normal today. 1000000821.jpg

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So 2022 continues to be the model year to buy. The Hemi has more payload, more towing, and the same real world MPG. It's more reliable, easier to service, sounds nicer, and will certainly show better linear throttle response than any turbo engine. And, 2022 is where the nice features for the money ended.

Can't believe the "new" truck has less payload and towing across the board vs. the outgoing truck. Yet, a much higher price tag, and more finnicky and expensive service and maintenance procedures. Yuck.

Jamesalan98

Reaction score
Does anyone have the mpg numbers for the 2wd versions of the hurricane?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Why do you need to get to the stoplight quicker than the next truck?

There will always be someone quicker than you, that is a fact. I couldn't care less, I'm just looking for a bit more power getting onto the freeway pulling my trailer or passing a semi up a hill.

And 540 hp is already limp wristed when you compare what's here already or will be within the same year or two: TRX, Raptor, Cybertruck, Lightning, Silverado EV, Hummer EV, Rivian, heck even the Charger; all those guys will eat your lunch so you're still driving around in a "weak truck". May as well enjoy the sound of a hemi.
You criticize people for saying wanting the V8 sound is over rated, and not needed, saying it's absolutely part of the whole package, in your opinion. But then follow that up criticising them for wanting more power, saying it's not needed and still a "weak truck" as it leaves you in the dust. Does that mean your Hemi Ram is also a "week truck"?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Both right, as in performance and sound.

I came from a Ecoboost 2.7L in an F150 to my RAM. Honestly, that Ecoboost F150 was probably faster in most every metric compared to my RAM, but the sound my RAM produces, especially with an aftermarket exhaust, gives you a "sense of occasion" that a Honda Accord sounding V6 just can't do.

Sound it part of it, it's an important part of the motoring experience which is why car enthusiast are having a hard time with EVs in the sports car world, where the performance delta is even greater than comparing an old 5.7L vs I6TT. For many sports car guys, more fun driving an old Miata or E46 than some big power EV, part of that is the sound.

I was expecting the Hurricane, being an I6TT to sound more like a BMW or Nissan of similar configuration, but doesn't seem to be the case. If it did, I would be all in.
Different exhaust configuration, longer wheel base, different engine. A truck exhaust will never sound like a car exhaust. Even if using the exact same brand exhaust on each. Give the aftermarket time to develope exhausts for the Hurricane. I highly doubt the Jeep Wagoneer crowd cares as much about exhaust sounds as the Ram crowd. So there hasn't been a lot of demand for aftermarket exhaust systems for them

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I hate obnoxiously loud exhaust on anything. Hell, I wouldn't mind if my truck was a little quieter, but that doesn't mean I want it to sound like a wet fart. You are confusing loud exhaust with good sounding exhaust. The low rumble of a V8 is much more appealing than the high pitched exhaust of a 4 or 6 cylinder engine.

This is not appealing to anyone...

This appeals to almost everyone....

There are definitely some that will disagree with you about what type of exhaust sounds good. I know a lot of guys in the import scene that prefer their 4-cyl fart can over the loud V8s

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Very disappointed in 1200lbs less towing and 30lbs less payload? I mean, once you get over 10000lbs, you should probably be stepping up to a HD if you tow that weight on a regular basis.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231223-090134.png
    Screenshot_20231223-090134.png
    358 KB · Views: 16

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

My truck already tows a load very comfortably. And I'll get far better MPG and have a much better sound while doing it, all while having no issues about overheating or reliability or blowing a tiny piston through my hood.

If I really want more power I'll drop in an SRT 6.4 for far less money than it costs you guys to upgrade to the turbos.
So now you are making up issues that don't exist to justify your opinion?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I use premium on my truck and I haven't seen it only 30 cents more than regulars in years.
At my local Shell it is currently $3.49 for regular and $4.49 for premium.

Any millage gained by these turbos (not likely any) is destroyed by the required use of higher octane fuel. There is no MPG advantage to the new 6 turbos from Ram just higher maintenance costs and dealership service fees (and for the next few years cost of destroyed turbos\engines due to being brand new for Stellantis while under factory warranty)
The SO Hurricane can run on 87. And once again, making up issues that don't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread