5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 brochure

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not confusing anything. I've heard the exhaust from a Wagoneer with the Hurricane engine and it sounds like no fart I've ever heard. It's just quiet.

You sure are and you missed the point.

It does sound like a wet fart.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if the bread n butter Rams sound like that - it's probably just RHO.
And this is the reality - it cant be made V8 good, but it can be made characterful.
Whether ppl like this character will be subjective.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I'm not confusing anything. I've heard the exhaust from a Wagoneer with the Hurricane engine and it sounds like no fart I've ever heard. It's just quiet.

Hurricane complaints is either it's too quiet in stock form or sounds kinda rough and unpleasant with an aftermarket exhaust. Not the Nissan or BMW I6TT people are hoping for.

pensfan

Reaction score
I'd like to see them all in person, but it appears that the bighorn and tradesman are reduced in looks whereas the rebel has improved; all in my opinion of course.
The Big Horn grill is ugly. Could have done without the stupid little nostrils. They could have given it a crosshair instead.
From the pictures it looks like the grills might be a little more easy to replace with a different one. I would swap in the Laramie grill. It looks way better and I'm sure in black it would be fine. I'm not a chrome person.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks like the Big Horn is loosing the Turn signals in the mirrors too, I guess on the plus side rear wheel liners are standard as they should be.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's currently a $0.60/gal premium at the Costco where I fill up.

1702676017527.png

Scram1500

Reaction score
1000003791.jpg

1000003792.jpg

This is only 8 states, see those poor schmucks in Connecticut?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
None of those stations are selling premium for $1.00 more than regular. The average difference, using the states you listed is 65¢/per gallon, not $1.00.

The average difference is 30-40¢ in Idaho and in the communist state of Washington it's 40-50¢ per gallon.
1702685000839.png

silver billet

Reaction score
The Big Horn grill is ugly. Could have done without the stupid little nostrils. They could have given it a crosshair instead.
From the pictures it looks like the grills might be a little more easy to replace with a different one. I would swap in the Laramie grill. It looks way better and I'm sure in black it would be fine. I'm not a chrome person.

Looks like the Big Horn is loosing the Turn signals in the mirrors too, I guess on the plus side rear wheel liners are standard as they should be.

Just another reason to hang onto my 2019 big horn!

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is West Chester OH, It is exactly a $1 difference from 87 to 93 octane, it's been that way for a while. I personally would not buy a truck that required premium gas.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Here in my area of Northern VA, the difference between 87 and 91 is anywhere from $0.60 to $1.10 depending on the gas station. Statewide average means absolutely nothing when local prices are all over the map!

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly, I like the H/O numbers because the increases are obviously great. The only downside to me is I am getting a 6 cylinder engine with worse fuel economy. Feels weird.

I have no need for a new truck any time soon, so none of this matters to me, but still interested in seeing where it goes.
Was thinking the same thing...worse gas mileage what's the point? Won't be needing a new truck anytime soon they should be wised up and back to the V8 by then :ROFLMAO:

pensfan

Reaction score
The longer I look at the Big Horn, I can't help but wondering who thought this grill design looked good. They mess up their highest volume model with something like this. These nostrils do not flow with any other aspect of the grill design. Maybe the designers need to visit the eye doctor and stay off the gummies while working.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The longer I look at the Big Horn, I can't help but wondering who thought this grill design looked good. They mess up their highest volume model with something like this. These nostrils do not flow with any other aspect of the grill design. Maybe the designers need to visit the eye doctor and stay off the gummies while working.
The limited also have them but they just look much worse in the big horn

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Honestly, I like the H/O numbers because the increases are obviously great. The only downside to me is I am getting a 6 cylinder engine with worse fuel economy. Feels weird.

I have no need for a new truck any time soon, so none of this matters to me, but still interested in seeing where it goes.
This feels like a real bad gamble by ram.
3 - 6 cylinder options.
To the average buyer that doesn't care for performance is there much or any upside to upgrade up from the pentastar

Users who are viewing this thread