5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 active lane management

Pikeman_66

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Quick question.
2025 limited level A, my active lane management is not working worth a darn. Some times it works some times it don’t. It’s very inconsistent to the point I can complete cross over into another lane and it won’t even flinch. Now I had a 2 inch level lift put on the truck before I picked it up from the dealer. Could that have possibly threw the calibration out on it ?

Any suggestions or thoughts.
Thanks Guys

Quick question.
2025 limited level A, my active lane management is not working worth a darn. Some times it works some times it don’t. It’s very inconsistent to the point I can complete cross over into another lane and it won’t even flinch. Now I had a 2 inch level lift put on the truck before I picked it up from the dealer. Could that have possibly threw the calibration out on it ?

Thanks Guys
Very possible that your lift has messed it up. It was designed for a factory height. Maybe ask if they can recalibrate it. But I doubt it.

Is that on the same roads where it works then doesn't? I know on GMs system, not all roads are mapped.
I was on a road I use everyday to and from work. Why I waited for my ram I had 2 different jeeps and they both worked flawlessly on the same road. The truck however is acting really strange, it works fine for a little bit then it don’t.

Thank you,
It’s weird sometimes it works sometimes it don’t. I sure don’t trust it like it is.
I know know on the Comma, if the angle is to high or too low, it has issues seeing properly. I've not learned enough on this system yet.
Is that on the same roads where it works then doesn't? I know on GMs system, not all roads are mapped.
Ram doesn't need mapped roads for level 2 self driving. But the level 3, it will.

Ram doesn't need mapped roads for level 2 self driving. But the level 3, it will.
Their active lane management for the hands free driving does. There is a global navigation motion module as part of the adas system.

Their active lane management for the hands free driving does. There is a global navigation motion module as part of the adas system.
Really? I thought that it was only for the different levels.

Yep, I think last I seen about Ram/Jeeps version is they have about 125,000 miles of approved roadways.
View attachment 190991
Thanks guys, I haven’t even tried that level 2 or 3 stuff yet. I am having problems with just the plain Jane lane sense (ram calls it active lane management in the 25s) basically just keeps you between the 2 lanes as a safety feature. That’s all I have turned on at the moment.

Quick question.

Thanks Guys
Maybe you can adjust it to the more aggressive setting

Thanks guys, I haven’t even tried that level 2 or 3 stuff yet. I am having problems with just the plain Jane lane sense (ram calls it active lane management in the 25s) basically just keeps you between the 2 lanes as a safety feature. That’s all I have turned on at the moment.
That's level 2. ACC and LKAS and most self driving fall under level 2.

Leave it to Stellantis to make things complicated, I didn't know there were different levels...

@Pikeman_66 if I'm a betting man, the lift is throwing it off and the system needs to be recalibrated.

Maybe you can adjust it to the more aggressive setting
I am pretty sure I moved it to med tonight when I got home. I have not played with the settings much at all on it I admit. I did turn off the annoyingly setting that vibrates the steering wheel. I just want it to lane correct reliably. I’m just wanting to exhaust all other avenues before calling the dealer service dept. if I knew it was just a bad calibration do to the level I would feel better. Guess I should not have leveled it before having it a while.

I’m just throwing that out, I have a big horn and I recall 3 levels of sensitivity for lane keep assist as far as feedback
I didn't think the lane keep assist is not the "hands free active driving assist", hell my '19 has lane keep assist.

I just watched a video on the hands free active driving assist, which IMO, should be comparable to Blue Cruise or Super Cruise. After watching the video and reading the requirements for it to be active, Stellantis has a long way to go with this to keep up with the competition.

Regardless, hope @Pikeman_66 gets it resolved soon.

I didn't think the lane keep assist is not the "hands free active driving assist", hell my '19 has lane keep assist.

I just watched a video on the hands free active driving assist, which IMO, should be comparable to Blue Cruise or Super Cruise. After watching the video and reading the requirements for it to be active, Stellantis has a long way to go with this to keep up with the competition.

Thanks buddy, What I am trying to figure is the same thing you had in the 19 just plain old lane sense top switch right side of 14 inch screen. Our Buick has this feature and it works perfectly. I will pull up the owners manual at work tommorrow. That’s frustrating as well no owners manual!

I am pretty sure I moved it to med tonight when I got home. I have not played with the settings much at all on it I admit. I did turn off the annoyingly setting that vibrates the steering wheel. I just want it to lane correct reliably. I’m just wanting to exhaust all other avenues before calling the dealer service dept. if I knew it was just a bad calibration do to the level I would feel better. Guess I should not have leveled it before having it a while.
Set it to high and maybe if the ride height is effecting it, the. The high setting will compensate

My level 3 worked very well driving home from Mark Dodge back to Georgia -- I was impressed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back