5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 1500 with transmission issues/disappointing

Billy2019

Reaction score
Just looking to get a number of people having a very clunky transmission with the 25s. I have an appointment set with my dealer in 2 weeks.

Sometimes it feels like the torque converter is disengaging and re engaging when cruising on the highway or around town. Get this road bump feel. 7th and 8th gear.
4th to 5th can be rough, sometimes it’s smooth sometimes it just clunks to 5th.
3rd or 4th slow speed. Let off the throttle and you get tons of decel feel and a jerk when you get back on the throttle accompanied by a metallic clunk.
Intermittent surging in 3rd when applying steady throttle at slow speed.
4/3 harsh
3/2 harsh

1200 miles now. Started acting up around 300 miles.

Whoa_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have some of the same symptoms that you mention above. I was hoping that it would clear up but it’s now 700 miles and still drives the same.

Billy2019

Reaction score
I have some of the same symptoms that you mention above. I was hoping that it would clear up but it’s now 700 miles and still drives the same.
I’ll post up after my visit and see if they either reset it, or there is a physical defect.

Users who are viewing this thread