5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ram 2500 12" Alpine amplified system upgrade with PAC

staffdd

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2024 ram 2500 with the 12" screen, amplified alpine system. I am about to do a full active install with 3 amps and a DSP.

I have always used a PAC audio adapter to get a clean sound out of my stereo in the past. My last 2023 ram I used an adapter to tap into the speaker leads under the front seat and a DSP to clean the sound. This was a nightmare for tuning. Some speakers were revered polarity, only had some frequencies so I had to sum, bla bla.

I reached out to PAC and they tell me that I can use a AP4-CH41 (AmpPro) along with a APH-CH42 even though it does not list it as working on their site with this system. The end goal is to get a clean flat unmodified output from the headunit via the TosLink (optical connection) back to my DSP.

Has anyone done this yet on a new ram? I would love some input. I did see a video of a 2023 2500 12" Harnmon Kardon system getting it done. Will I still need the ANC bypass? ANC-CH01/03?

Thanks all!

Users who are viewing this thread