5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Ram 2500 12" Alpine amplified system upgrade with PAC

staffdd

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a 2024 ram 2500 with the 12" screen, amplified alpine system. I am about to do a full active install with 3 amps and a DSP.

I have always used a PAC audio adapter to get a clean sound out of my stereo in the past. My last 2023 ram I used an adapter to tap into the speaker leads under the front seat and a DSP to clean the sound. This was a nightmare for tuning. Some speakers were revered polarity, only had some frequencies so I had to sum, bla bla.

I reached out to PAC and they tell me that I can use a AP4-CH41 (AmpPro) along with a APH-CH42 even though it does not list it as working on their site with this system. The end goal is to get a clean flat unmodified output from the headunit via the TosLink (optical connection) back to my DSP.

Has anyone done this yet on a new ram? I would love some input. I did see a video of a 2023 2500 12" Harnmon Kardon system getting it done. Will I still need the ANC bypass? ANC-CH01/03?

Thanks all!

digitalson

Reaction score
I have completed this on the 2019 w/ Alpine System (same connections up to our current year). I am working to get a write - up completed in the next couple weeks.
I do have a smidge of advise.. depending on the DSP you use, you may be able to forgo the PAC and just use the ANC harness under the seat and get the same result w/ less equipment. I am looking to introduce a DSP and have realized nearly all Audio Control DSPs have high-level inputs. Since I had Alpine, I had to get the ANC bypass harness - but already had the PAC. However, if I go w/ a Helix DSP, I need the PAC and the harness.

I also have feedback regarding the subwoofer box if you are adding one. As I have moved into the tuning phase of my setup, I have noticed I have the wrong box for my subs. I went w/ the Fox Acoustics dual 10" - but installed JL 10w6's, so had to use XPS foam to take up space in the box. Testing w/ my calibrated microphone and REW, I see the output is not very linear, as it should be. The Fox Box is designed for sundown. I have not seen another REW profile, however, so not sure if it is corrected using a different driver.

HTH

staffdd

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. One thing for you to note, as I did that same install youre thinking of in a 2023 1500. Do not use the high level inputs at the amp. Trust me when I say it will become a tuning nightmare. The deck pushes out seperate frequencies to all speakers, all speakers have polarities mismatched, and deck will also lower certain frequency volumes at certain volumes(most notibly the sub). It will work, but man is it hell. Get a perfectly clean signal from the PAC AmpPro. So worth the money.

I have completed the install! I ended up using the AP4-CH41(AmpPro) with the APH-CH42 to get a fiber TOS line back to my DSP. I unplugged the factory amp under my steering wheel. Replaced front door speakers with a active 3 way setup using Maximo Ultra MKII 603A. Mounted the tweets on the door sail fin pointed inwards. I also got the Fox box 10s and slapped Sundowns in them. Installed 3 Fosgate Power amps, 400x4, 600x4, 1500x1 behind the rear seat.

Easiest tune Ive had to do yet. Sounds fantastic. Now I am trying to decide if I want to use my spare channels off the 600x4 to run any type of rear fill or possibly rear mid bass only. The only other option I could think of was adding more up front in kick panels.

Users who are viewing this thread