5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Longhorn

Seabee9320

Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2024 Ram Limited Longhorn and cannot tell if the dash is leather or pleather/vinyl. Does anyone know what it is? I want to make sure I use the correct cleaning products on it.

Sorry the close up pictures are at night

Attachments

• IMG20231227172827.jpg
    IMG20231227172827.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG20231227172832.jpg
    IMG20231227172832.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG20231227172837.jpg
    IMG20231227172837.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG20231217085419.jpg
    IMG20231217085419.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 71

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m going with pleather. On the TRX, I’ve come to find out that the only real leather is in the perforated sections of the vented seats. Everything else is fake. Including the seat bolsters.
If you look at your perforated seats and compare the grain and feel to your bolsters and dash, I think you’ll be able to tell pretty quickly which is which.

MarPar

Takes a MoPar to catch a MoPar
Reaction score
I’m going with pleather. On the TRX, I’ve come to find out that the only real leather is in the perforated sections of the vented seats. Everything else is fake. Including the seat bolsters.
If you look at your perforated seats and compare the grain and feel to your bolsters and dash, I think you’ll be able to tell pretty quickly which is which.
seinfeld george_facepalm.gif

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 2024 Ram Limited Longhorn and cannot tell if the dash is leather or pleather/vinyl. Does anyone know what it is? I want to make sure I use the correct cleaning products on it.

Sorry the close up pictures are at night
It’s leather, but it’s dyed/coated. Just use water and a microfiber cloth to clean it. I use mild interior cleaners if needed.

There should’ve been a tag with instructions hanging around the passenger seat headrest when you bought it, unless they’ve stopped doing this.

My interior is nearly flawless after 5+ years, so it holds up pretty well.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Can't say with 100% certainty on the 1500's, but in the HD's, Laramie trim is all bonded leather and the Limited trims are true leather seating surfaces - seat bottoms/back and bolsters, door panels, dash panels, etc.

That said, very disappointed that regular cleaning of the driver door handle is showing significant signs of the dye coming out.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't say with 100% certainty on the 1500's, but in the HD's, Laramie trim is all bonded leather and the Limited trims are true leather seating surfaces - seat bottoms/back and bolsters, door panels, dash panels, etc.

That said, very disappointed that regular cleaning of the driver door handle is showing significant signs of the dye coming out.
I'd ask you to prove they're all leather, but I know there's not really a way to do so. I'm 99.99% certain that the Laramie and Limited trims don't have nicer seats than a TRX. Here's a picture of a TRX seat that someone wore out. The perforated seat is real leather. But the bolsters are obviously not.

1703770091179.png

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'd ask you to prove they're all leather, but I know there's not really a way to do so. I'm 99.99% certain that the Laramie and Limited trims don't have nicer seats than a TRX. Here's a picture of a TRX seat that someone wore out. The perforated seat is real leather. But the bolsters are obviously not.

View attachment 173423
My limited's seats look similar to that without it coming off except the bolster is a slightly differnet color and has a much rougher\course feel to it, and matches the rest of the seat except the bottom and middle back where your back goes.

OP has the same dash material I have, it doesn't feel like leather, but not cloth nor vinyl (feels closest to vinyl though)
I have used leather cleaner on everything and it has not damaged the material so far. There might be something better to use but leather cleaner goes a long way

I could see a Limited having differnet\higher quality seats then an TRX even if you don't want to believe that. TRX doesn't have all the options a Limited 1500 can have, it is a differnet alternative trim to the Limited not a higher level trim. In fact those seats are DIFFERENT then my 22 Limited. Note how it has holes on the bolster as it curves in, mine does NOT have that.

This is my front driver seat
1703792563534.jpeg
1703792584374.jpeg

This is the odd material on my dash which is super smooth (and feels differnet in the middle)
1703792623140.jpeg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My limited's seats look similar to that without it coming off except the bolster is a slightly differnet color and has a much rougher\course feel to it, and matches the rest of the seat except the bottom and middle back where your back goes.

OP has the same dash material I have, it doesn't feel like leather, but not cloth nor vinyl (feels closest to vinyl though)
I have used leather cleaner on everything and it has not damaged the material so far. There might be something better to use but leather cleaner goes a long way

I could see a Limited having differnet\higher quality seats then an TRX even if you don't want to believe that. TRX doesn't have all the options a Limited 1500 can have, it is a differnet alternative trim to the Limited not a higher level trim. In fact those seats are DIFFERENT then my 22 Limited. Note how it has holes on the bolster as it curves in, mine does NOT have that.

This is my front driver seat
View attachment 173447
View attachment 173448

This is the odd material on my dash which is super smooth (and feels differnet in the middle)
View attachment 173449
We'll probably need to table the discussion about whether the TRX is a higher level trim, lol...

The layout of the seats is obviously different between the two, but I think they're the same material (except for the suede inlays and red accents on the TRX). I've attached a few pictures from my truck.

My dash looks the same - it's a smooth material (no grain, like the seats). Although I've heard some reports of the 2023's or 2024's having some grain on the dash.

All that being said, your bolsters look just like mine, and just like the picture of the cracked "leather" above. I think I'm still going to stand by my statement the the only real leather is the ventilated portion.

TRX seat 2.jpg

TRX seat 1.jpg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From what I’ve read the TRX and Laramie have leather trimmed seats but the Limited and Longhorns have full leather seats front and rear.
Based on looking at a few window stickers, they all say "leather-trimmed". I don't see any that say "full leather" or any variation of that.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Based on looking at a few window stickers, they all say "leather-trimmed". I don't see any that say "full leather" or any variation of that.
For what it’s worth…

“Wherever you look, whatever you touch, the Laramie Longhorn is filled with more craftsman-like details, including wood surfaces and 100 percent full-grain leather seats, than any other truck in the segment." - Mike Manley, Jan 2018

FCA’s press release went on to claim “…a segment-exclusive hand-wrapped, 100 percent full-grain leather dashboard…”, “…100 percent full-grain leather seats…”, and “… 100 percent full-leather rear seats and class-exclusive rear seat ventilation…”.

See All-new 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn Edition

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
TRX has the same basic seating as the Laramie, just tuned up colors like the Rebel.

The Limited and Limited Longhorn are real leather faced seating, not bonded leather.

The only part of the seat that isn't leather is the outer bottom side that rubs against the plastic part of the seat housing and it's cloth.

HD Limited seats:

1703820841758.png

1703820958251.png

The dash and passenger side lower dash, headlight bezel, 4x4/shift bezel, and upper door panels are natural leather. Also the column shift knob in the Cummins diesels, and there's a leather wrapped grab handle. Leather wrapped and wood wheel. Apparently, the 23 or 24's Limited have dropped the leather on the heated wheel.

1703821139549.png

1703821090319.png

Attachments

• 1703822202732.png
    1703822202732.png
    125.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lastly, I don't have any good detailed pics handy, but I can tell you that all the parts of the truck that are claimed to be premium leather have small imperfections like you'd find on real cowhide, small scars and the like. I'd be hard pressed to believe Ram would try to fake those. I almost made them replace the arm rest on the driver side due to where one of those scars were located but let it slide.

That said, I'm not 100% convinced about the "real wood" and IMHO, it's a bit of a stretch to call something manufactured with resins and inlays and fake grain "real" even if it does contain some amount of wood. Specifically the upper dash panels and the wood steering wheel.

blasius01

Reaction score
The 2024 limited does NOT have real leather dash or door panels( had a 22 that did) guessing they changed it because of the bubbling dash. Let’s just say I was not happy to notice this after buying my 24

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Eighty is just upset he found out us with Limited's have leather seats and his highest level trim TRX has pheather ;)
Lol. To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of all this. The Longhorn pictures certainly appear to be real leather. But I can't make sense of the Limited and TRX pictures. If you look at the information that Ram puts forward, they appear to be the same. For example, window stickers and build sheets, little leather care tags (mine had one too), etc. The pictures of your seat bolsters look identical to mine, leading me to believe they're the same material. And honestly, I would assume they're all real leather. Except for that picture of the guy's ragged-out seat. I'm actually wondering if his seats were put in correctly. After looking real hard at mine, I think I might have real leather on the outboard bolsters, but fake leather on the inboard bolsters. Here's a picture I just took of the passenger seat. Maybe the guy with the raggedy seat had them installed in the opposite positions, and his outboard bolster is the fake stuff?

seat5.jpg

I also flipped up the material (on the outboard side), down where it wraps the backing below. Looks like real leather to me.

seat3.jpg

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol. To be honest, I'm not sure what to make of all this. The Longhorn pictures certainly appear to be real leather. But I can't make sense of the Limited and TRX pictures. If you look at the information that Ram puts forward, they appear to be the same. For example, window stickers and build sheets, little leather care tags (mine had one too), etc. The pictures of your seat bolsters look identical to mine, leading me to believe they're the same material. And honestly, I would assume they're all real leather. Except for that picture of the guy's ragged-out seat. I'm actually wondering if his seats were put in correctly. After looking real hard at mine, I think I might have real leather on the outboard bolsters, but fake leather on the inboard bolsters. Here's a picture I just took of the passenger seat. Maybe the guy with the raggedy seat had them installed in the opposite positions, and his outboard bolster is the fake stuff?

View attachment 173529

I also flipped up the material (on the outboard side), down where it wraps the backing below. Looks like real leather to me.

View attachment 173528
I had been going under the assumption that my seats were part leather and part vinyl. Your picture made me go out and look at my seats again, since you show two different materials. As you can see, mine are not leather on the outside, but at least they are the same material inboard and outboard.
641CCDFE-0909-436D-8C9C-A18EDDE7D894.jpeg

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It's actually pretty easy to determine whether the panels are leather or vinyl. This guy does a good job explaining the differences. That said, the only part of the TRX seats that isn't real leather is the outboard section of the bolsters on the front seats.

20231229_092351.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread