5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 5.7 et cold start issues

Interestingly my truck sat for about 6 days and started just fine.

I am curious if it’s a fuel pressure issue. What I mean does the truck have enough time to pressurize the system. You can’t hear the pump so it’s hard to tell but most vehicles won’t turn pump on until ignition turns on.

Would be easy for a tech to see with a fuel pressure gauge.

I am going to do an experiment the next time it sites for a while. Turn ignition on and wait a few seconds before apply foot to brake and starting it. If that stops it from stumbling it may be an indication that it is the fuel pressure.

Mine doesn't do that on start, or at least hasn't yet, but I wonder, if there may be a fuel regulator problem, in 24s. My truck, makes a weird noise, after accelerating, then letting off. It's sort of a weird hum/whistle. You can actually feel a very faint vibration, in the passenger floorboard. So faint, only one person felt it, when I've asked,"do you hear that? I took it in once, and the didn't hear it. It doesn't do it on the rack, and you have to accelerate/decelerate the right way. I was able to take the write up person for a ride, and the heard it, but I haven't had time to take it back in. It's only a funny noise, so not critical, yet. I suggested to them, I thought it may have been the fuel regulator, changing from needing fuel, to cutting fuel. Whenever someone gets theirs in, tell your write up, others are having the problem.

That issue has been around for quite a few years. I had a 13 that was really bad. We replaced TPS which seemed to help, but never totally alleviated it. I've had a few friends who also had similar issues. My 13 was bad enough you had to really feather the throttle on initial take off or it would stall. Once it warmed up it was fine.

Same issue/concern still. Anyone in Wisconsin have luck with any Ram service centers? Pretty crappy service around me, they act like I am an inconvenience and won’t even look at this issue with no CEL or stored codes. I’ve had so much trouble that I am about to try and get rid of my Built to Serve, and I love this thing. Rides amazing.
Please help!!
Update: drove 40 minutes one way to a different dealer and have them check out the Ram. They had it for two days. When they called they stated that on the scanner they saw many misfires occurring. They did a cam and crank sensor relearn because they also noticed a recall for and software update. I picked it up this morning, as soon as I started it in the lot it was rougher than ever for longer than usual and then had an idle about 1800 RPM.
I dropped my head, my wife said “what the heck” and I just said “I’m so done with this thing!”
So, still no fix. Just a $50,000 paper weight that’s only two years old.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I've seen several people complain about this. I have an appointment at my dealer next Thursday and will let you know what they say.
Taking mine back in Monday to a different dealer. it spent three weeks at another dealer for them to say nothings wrong hard for me to believe, a new truck wants to basically stall on startup.

Just chiming in that this happens to me too. Cold start, back out of the garage, actually roll out, I put it in neutral after I start the roll. Once outside at neutral idle I get about a second or two of rough idle then it smooths out.

'23 eTorque, mid grade fuel

So, still no fix. Just a $50,000 paper weight that’s only two years old.

You must have an unstated issue with your truck since a short period of rough idle at start-up hardly makes a truck a paperweight regardless of how much the truck costs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back