5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Raptor R

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
There’s been a quick rundown of the Raptor R on SVTperformance. It looks incredible. Not gonna lie, I want one; however, that ~$107k starting price makes my wallet cry. Preorders opened on July 18th.

2023 Raptor R- SVTperformance

Terrible_One

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of competition. I still prefer the look of the TRX much more than the Raptor, but both have amazing engines and configurations. I wish Ford didn't belly up to Dodge in 2005 and made a 3rd gen Lightning to compete with the SRT10. This time Ford came to play.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From what I've seen the base MSRP is $109k. And it's "only" 700 hp (TRX has 702) - small difference, but Ford really missed an opportunity to one-up the TRX. They're not advertising the 0-60 times, so presumably the R won't beat a TRX off the line. The R is 400 lbs lighter, but comes with 37" tires that will hurt acceleration.

Kina doesn't matter though. If your name isn't already at the top of a wait list then you'll likely never get one. I'm hearing that many Ford dealers are stating $50k minimum markup.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
This should prove to be an interesting match up. I still prefer the looks of the TRX over the Raptor. Cant wait to see the comparison videos that I'm sure will inundate the forums soon

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
But the Raptor R has 35 lbs-ft more torque, which is way more than that 2hp and gives way more advantage in initial acceleration.

At 400 lbs lighter, even with 37" tires (depending on the gearing), I venture to say it should beat the TRX based on it's overall specs. Again, no idea on the gearing, but if it comes naturally with 37" tires, it should be geared accordingly.
Not sure where you got the torque information.
Raptor R = 640 ft-lbs
TRX = 650 ft-lbs

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
From what I've seen the base MSRP is $109k. And it's "only" 700 hp (TRX has 702) - small difference, but Ford really missed an opportunity to one-up the TRX. They're not advertising the 0-60 times, so presumably the R won't beat a TRX off the line. The R is 400 lbs lighter, but comes with 37" tires that will hurt acceleration.

Kina doesn't matter though. If your name isn't already at the top of a wait list then you'll likely never get one. I'm hearing that many Ford dealers are stating $50k minimum markup.
F’in dealer markups. The current dealership model should be abolished.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure where you got the torque information.
Raptor R = 640 ft-lbs
TRX = 650 ft-lbs

Crap, thought it was low, there was an article that had it at 605 ft-lbs. on the spec sheet, they clearly transposed the 5 and 0.

Thanks for updating me

Last edited:

Terrible_One

Reaction score
From what I've seen the base MSRP is $109k. And it's "only" 700 hp (TRX has 702) - small difference, but Ford really missed an opportunity to one-up the TRX.

I agree they should have went to like 710 hp. However, the Raptor is over 700 pounds lighter than the TRX, so I think the Raptor might actually eek out some wins.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree they should have went to like 710 hp. However, the Raptor is over 700 pounds lighter than the TRX, so I think the Raptor might actually eek out some wins.
400-450 lb difference, depending on who you believe.

Louhound88

Reaction score
The 5.2L engine makes 760HP and 625lb/ft when tuned for the Mustang. For the Raptor they've just tuned it for torque. They could easily have listed the 760HP and 640lb/ft torque numbers as both are true, just have different tunes for different drive settings.

I'm sure the Raptor is quick too, be interested in seeing the eventual stock vs stock races. But as cool as the new Raptor is I still just see the cheesy looking, boxy ford f150 interior. Everything is blocky looking and made for big men with big man hands. Just always bugged me. And I can hear that ford door chime sound too..even if they got rid of it for the raptor it's still stuck in your subconscious.

Users who are viewing this thread