5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2023 Ram MPG Upgrades - Hemi E-torque

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep. I've tried that but gave up very quickly since I cannot drive that slow. Not to mention driving 20,000 miles/year on interstates I learned very early on to never hang out near semi's. Get away from them as quickly as you can. First time one lets loose a blown tire or retread and it bounces off your hood/windshield you tend to learn.

I'll be the guy flying by semi's in the left lane getting 1-2 mpg less.;)

This

Screw that extra mpg you might get. I been working and traveling on the roads constantly for years and seen to many oh sh*t moments lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This

Screw that extra mpg you might get. I been working and traveling on the roads constantly for years and seen to many oh sh*t moments lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I never draft trucks unless I am waiting on traffic to clear so I can get in the passing lane.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You don't have to be dangerously close to benefit from drafting a semi. Mythbusters did an episode. Even at 100' behind the semi, there was still some benefit to fuel consumption.
True. even their side draft decreases your drag.

Benca101

Reaction score
lol, good lord. Shouldn't have even explained why I was driving slow.

The point is.. drive 55 mph and watch your mileage go from 1/2 ton truck to honda civic mileage as fast as you can fart.

I get wanting better mileage. But it's a heavy, steel truck, with a V8 (for many of us). There's no getting around it.. unless you drive really slow on the freeway.
I don't, BUT, I keep this in mind when I'm stuck behind a Prius or an RV on a lone country road.. helps take the rage off of me and keeps the blood pressure down.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Regardless of what you drive, even going into a 1/2 ton RAM with a Hemi knowing the fuel mileage isn't very good, mist people still want to get the best fuel mileage for how they drive. There are times when I just drive the hell out of my truck and don't worry about it, but other times I want to see how good I can get.

Gnix

Reaction score
I was trying to get some better fuel consumption when I first got the truck. I was averaging 12.8/100km on stock.

Now…
Stock tires 16.8/100km
33 tires 18.5/100km

Eventually you won’t care what mileage you get.

Users who are viewing this thread